Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are the perfect way to start the day and dive back into your favorite fall flavors!
It is kind of a bummer that summer is winding down, but the upside is that I love the fall season and all of the flavors that it brings! I am a huge pumpkin fan and I get so excited when all the pumpkin-flavored treats start rolling back out this time of the year. I could eat pumpkin all day long, with Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast Sticks for breakfast and a pumpkin roll for dessert!
AIR FRYER PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST STICKS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
French toast is a breakfast favorite in my house. It even admittedly makes an appearance at dinner from time to time! I especially love these air fryer sticks because they aren’t greasy and are perfect for dipping or munching on the go. They’re also great to make ahead and throw in a ziplock freezer bag for busy mornings.
PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST STICKS INGREDIENTS
PUMPKIN CUSTARD: The custard for this french toast is made of milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. This will give your french toast a fall flavor no one can resist!
THICK SLICED BREAD: I like thicker bread for french toast sticks so it’ll stand up to the thick pumpkin custard. If you can’t find thick-sliced bread, regular bread is okay. Just don’t leave it in the custard too long or it’ll get soggy.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST STICKS IN AN AIR FRYER
- Start by spraying the basket of the air fryer with nonstick spray.
- Cut the thick bread slices into thirds. If your bread is on the smaller side, you can cut them in half and remove the crust on each side if desired.
- Next, in a shallow dish, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. The custard will be kind of thick.
- Quickly dip the bread slices into the egg mixture making sure not to let them soak for too long. Only dip as many pieces as will fit into the air fryer basket at one time.
- Now arrange the pumpkin sticks in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching.
- Turn the air fryer on to 375 degrees F and cook for about 8 minutes, flipping the sticks halfway through.
- Finally, serve french toast sticks with your favorite toppings and dips!
HOW LONG TO COOK FRENCH TOAST STICKS IN AN AIR FRYER
This recipe is one of my favorites because of how quick and easy these are to make. If you are making french toast sticks air fryer style then you will want to cook them for 8 minutes, making sure to flip them halfway through.
Can I make Pumpkin French Toast Sticks Ahead of Time?
Another reason this recipe is great is that you can freeze leftovers or make these in advance!
When I plan to freeze the french toast sticks, I cook them for about 6 to 7 minutes. Then I cool on a wire rack completely and place them in a large freezer-safe Ziploc bag before freezing.
If you are reheating pumpkin french toast sticks that you previously made and have frozen, you can pop them back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes. They will emerge just a delicious as the day you made them!
TRY THESE OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Air Fryer Blueberry Shortcakes
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Breakfast Pizza
- More MAIN DISH recipes…
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THESE AIR FRYER TOAST STICKS
Air Fryer: It would be hard to make air fryer french toast sticks without one of these, huh? This one is my favorite!
Shallow Bowls: These bowls are great for setting up a dredge station or dip your french toast!
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with nonstick spray.
- Cut each slice of bread into thirds for a total of 18 sticks.
- In a shallow dish like a pie plate, whisk together the pumpkin purée, eggs, milk, powder sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Quickly dip the bread slices into the egg mixture, making sure not to let it soak too long. Dip only as many pieces as will fit into your air fryer basket. Arrange the sticks in a single layer making sure the sticks aren’t touching.
- Turn the air fryer to 375 degrees F for about 8 minutes, flipping the sticks halfway through. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm with syrup, powdered sugar, or your other favorite toppings.