This Peach Simple Syrup is the perfect way to add your favorite summer flavor to your favorite seasonal drinks and desserts!
One of my favorite flavors of summer is peach, hands down! The fruity, sweet flavor goes perfect with desserts, cocktails, and refreshing family-friendly drinks like peach iced tea as well. I love having Peach Simple Syrup on hand to add to my favorite frozen margarita recipe, whip up a refreshing Peach Lemonade for the kids, or even drizzle over some vanilla ice cream on a hot day!
PEACH SIMPLE SYRUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINKS board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Let me be completely honest, I don’t just use this simple syrup recipe for canning peaches – though it does add extra flavor and makes an awesome summer snack! Truth be told, I’m usually dreaming up a yummy cocktail with peach syrup, like a refreshing Sparkling White Peach Sangria. The cocktail and mocktail possibilities are endless!
PEACH SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE INGREDIENTS
Peaches- You have two options when it comes to the peaches for this recipe. The easiest is to use frozen peaches because they’re already peeled, pitted, and chopped. I do, however, love to use fresh, ripe peaches when making this simple syrup. I think the flavor of the fresh peaches is slightly superior to the frozen, but both will deliver the peach flavor you are craving!
For fresh peaches, you will want to peel, pit, and chop up 2 cups of peaches prior to adding them to the saucepan. When peeling them, you have the option of blanching them or peeling them by hand.
Sugar- Regular granulated sugar is all you need. You could technically substitute in brown sugar instead of granulated but be prepared for a much richer end result.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH SIMPLE SYRUP
All you need are three ingredients, a saucepan, and 10 minutes to cook up this seriously delicious peach simple syrup recipe.
- First, add sliced peaches, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan. Bring the ingredients to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Once simmering, cook the simple syrup for 10 minutes, being sure to stir until the sugar dissvoles.
- Next, remove from the heat and let the syrup sit for 30 minutes to cool.
- Finally, strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a storage container to remove the peaches.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
HOW LONG DOES INFUSED SIMPLE SYRUP LAST?
Homemade peach simple syrup will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week. The best indicator of if a simple syrup has gone bad is if it starts to appear cloudy.
TRY THESE DELICIOUS PEACH COCKTAILS
- Boozy Frozen Peach Lemonade
- Peaches and Cream Martini
- Peach Mango Rum Splash
- Strawberry Peach Frosé
- White Peach Sangria
- More DRINK recipes…
TOOLS USED TO MAKE PEACH SIMPLE SYRUP
Strainer: This fine mesh strainer is perfect for delivering the best simple syrup result.
Storage Bottle: This airtight bottle is perfect for storing your simple syrup and keeping it fresh in the fridge!
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes to cool.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a bottle to remove the peaches.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.