The robust flavors of orange and rosemary are delicious with the perfectly grilled sweet salmon. Add this Grilled Orange-Rosemary Salmon to your menu!
I’m not a huge fan of fish, but I do like salmon if got tons of flavor and grilled! My Hubbyman is the grill master in our house, so he really has figured out how to grill fish beautifully! Since I promised the fish lovers in my family more fish I thought it would be fun to use ingredients from our own yard…oranges from our trees and rosemary from my garden to create this delicious meal.
Everyone will love the flavors of the fresh rosemary and grilled oranges on the salmon, of course, the addition of the cedar plank adds tons of flavor too!
- 2 cedar planks
- 2 salmon fillets about 6 ounces each
- garlic powder
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 2 large oranges
- Soak cedar planks for about an hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and garlic powder. Rub each fillet with half of the rosemary and leave on for cooking. Cut 1 orange in half and squeeze each half over one of the salmon fillets.
- Place salmon on planks and grill salmon until it is opaque and flaky. About 12-20 minutes (depending on how thick the fillets are). Keep a spray bottle nearby for flareups because the plank will probably catch fire a little bit.
- While the salmon is cooking. Slice the second orange into slices and lightly grill on both sides. It creates a whole other level of flavor for the salmon.
- Serve salmon over rice, with grilled orange slices over the top and any leftover fresh rosemary you have left.
Want to learn how to grill fish perfectly, check out my Guide to Grilling Seafood..it’s part of my How to Grill series which is a great resource for grilling enthusiasts! One of my favorite salmon recipes is this Grilled Salmon Salad with a Warm Blueberry Dressing.