Easy Raspberry Sauce over pancakes is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. The sauce is ready in 15 minutes so it’s perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast.
Sunday mornings in our house are all about pancakes. Most mornings we don’t have time to sit down to a family breakfast, but on Sundays, we MAKE time. Honestly, it’s one of my favorite times of the week.
Pancake Sundays always start with my great grandmother’s pancake recipe. I mix up a big batch of batter and everyone picks their toppings or mix-ins.
My son usually goes for sprinkles mixed in or chocolate and peanut butter drizzled on top. The hubs is a fan of mini chocolate chips or blueberries mixed in. And, I either have cinnamon chips mixed in or this easy Raspberry Sauce drizzled on top. And by drizzled, I mean drenched. Just so we’re clear.
This Raspberry Sauce is easy to make and is ready in 15 minutes. And, it’s delicious any time of the year. But, if you make it in the summer, when the berries are fresh picked it is out of this world!
What is your favorite pancake topping or mix-in? Leave me a comment below!
- Combine the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the cold water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and bring contents to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until you have the desired consistency.
- The sauce will thicken further as it cools.
- Puree the sauce in a blender, food processor or with an immersion blender.
- Strain the sauce through a sieve.
- Serve warm or cold over pancakes.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
And you might also like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes