This tasty Air Fryer Chicken Biscuit Sandwich is the perfect mix of spicy, tangy, and crunchy all on a warm homemade biscuit!
Fluffy homemade biscuits and perfectly seasoned chicken from the air fryer come together to create this crave-worthy Air Fryer Chicken Biscuit Sandwich. Just mix up some sweet and spicy honey butter and smother it onto a warm biscuit before assembling the best sandwich ever!
THE BEST SANDWICH EVER
Chicken sandwich places seem to be popping up all over the place lately, but with this recipe, I prefer to make my own at home! This chicken biscuit sandwich is everyone’s favorite and it’s so easy to customize to your family’s tastes.
Your air fryer is great for other chicken recipes too, like Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets and Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN BISCUIT SANDWICHES
- Homemade Ranch Dressing – Depending on how spicy you like your chicken, you might want to have some ranch handy to help balance out the spice.
- Citrus Cilantro Slaw – This citrusy slaw is great on the side of or on top of your chicken biscuit sandwich.
- Low Carb “Fried” Pickles – These delicious pickles area great side dish and can bake in the oven while you fry up your chicken in the air fryer!
Chicken: Grab 1 1/2 pounds of skinless, trimmed chicken tenderloins. You will need 2 large eggs, all-purpose flour, and panko bread crumbs as well as lemon zest, paprika, salt, and pepper to season and coat the chicken pieces.
Biscuits: These amazing biscuits consist of self-rising flour, sugar, unsalted butter, buttermilk, and salt.
Butter: Sweet and spicy honey butter is just softened butter, honey, and a dash of hot sauce to taste!
Toppings: Top this sandwich with some sliced dill pickles for the perfect crunch.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHICKEN BISCUIT SANDWICHES
STEP ONE: To make the biscuits start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and grab a mixing bowl. Add and combine the flour, sugar, and salt first, and then quickly work in the cold butter cubes until they are incorporated into the flour mixture. Next, stir in the buttermilk until a soft dough forms.
STEP TWO: Lightly flour a work surface and then place the biscuit dough on the floured surface. Roll the dough out to 1-inch thickness. Cut out the biscuits using a biscuit cutter and place them onto the sprayed cookie sheet. Bake the biscuits in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they are perfectly golden brown.
STEP THREE: Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Trim any excess fat from the chicken and pat it dry. Set up a dredge station with slightly beaten eggs in one shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. In a third shallow dish mix the bread crumbs and lemon zest. Coat the chicken tenders by first dipping them into the flour, then the eggs, and finally press it into the breadcrumbs making sure to coat all sides of the chicken.
STEP FOUR: Once all of the pieces are coated, place them into the air fryer basket and spray each piece with olive oil or cooking spray. Set the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip each piece of chicken and spray them again. Continue to fry the chicken tenders for 5 more minutes.
STEP FIVE: To complete these perfect Air Fryer Chicken & Biscuit Sandwiches whip up a delicious butter by combining butter, honey, and your favorite hot sauce in a small bowl. Once the butter is smooth, cut open a fresh biscuit and slather both sides with it. Add a piece or two of freshly fried chicken and top with pickles to serve!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- When mixing the biscuit dough it is important to use very cold butter. This will ensure your biscuits are flakey and perfect! Also, make sure not to roll the dough thinner than an inch or your biscuits will be too thin.
- I’m not one to judge, and some nights I want to make things a little easier, so I’ll grab a can of refrigerated grands biscuits instead on making them homemade.
- For best results in the air fryer, make sure to spray the coated chicken well on both sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- You can’t go wrong with an extra drizzle of honey of top of your biscuit too!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER CHICKEN AND BISCUITS
These epic chicken and biscuit sandwiches are best eaten fresh once assembled. If you have extra chicken pieces you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also store extra biscuits in a ziplock bag at room temp for up to 5 days.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU PUT ON A CHICKEN BISCUIT SANDWICH?
If I am in the mood to mix it up, I love to top my Air Fryer Chicken and Biscuit Sandwiches with extra hot sauce and cool, creamy coleslaw. You can also nix the pickles and create a delicious chicken biscuit club sandwich by adding lettuce, tomato, bacon, and cheese!
OTHER TASTY SANDWICH RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot French Dip Sandwich
- Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Mini Egg Salad Sliders
- BBQ Pork Loin Sliders
- Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the cold butter into the flour until it resembles sand. Pour in the buttermilk and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the biscuit dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out at least 12 biscuits. Place onto the prepared baking sheet 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the biscuits have puffed up and are golden on top. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack while you make the chicken.
- Spray the bottom of your air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Set up a dredge station with 3 shallow bowls. In the first bowl stir together the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. In a second bowl, beat the eggs. In the third bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and lemon zest. Dip each chicken tender into the flour, then eggs, and then press into the breadcrumbs until coated.
- Place the tenders into the air fryer basket, do not overcrowd. (You may need to work in batches.) Spray the chicken with olive oil spray and cook at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes at 375F.
- While the chicken cooks, stir together the honey butter ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- To serve: Cut a biscuit in half and spread about 1 teaspoon honey butter over each cut side. Place a chicken tender onto the biscuit (cut in half if needed for a better fit) and add a couple of pickle slices if desired. Serve immediately with a little extra honey drizzled on top.