These Silver Dollar Pancakes come together in about 20 minutes, and are a delicious breakfast or snack!
My kids eat a lot more pancakes than I’m really comfortable admitting . . . I mean, my three year old would probably subsist exclusively on chocolate chip pancakes if I let her. I should really try putting chocolate chips on top of broccoli and see what she thinks . . . .
So if pancakes are going to make up 30% of their small bodies, they should probably be made from scratch, don’t you think?
One of our favorite places to go on the weekend for breakfast is The Pancake House! I don’t think it’s in every state, but if it’s in yours, you totally have to go there. I don’t know what they put in their pancakes, but whatever it is, it’s addictive. They are literally the best pancakes I’ve ever had.
Anyway, one of the things they make are these adorable little Silver Dollar Pancakes. So cute, right? These are perfect for my kiddos. They love their pancakes tinnie tiny. I gave the three year old one of these and she loved it! Which is a total win, because she is my harshest critic when it comes to food. She loved it so much, she shoved her second one completely in her mouth. When I asked her if she liked it, she gave me this “duh” look and said, “I shoved the whole thing in my mouth . . . “
So these little Silver Dollar Pancakes have a “Shoved In the Mouth” seal of approval. 🙂
- Preheat a skillet over medium low heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the milk, egg, and vanilla extract, until just combined. Then mix in the butter, until just combined.
- Turn the heat up on the skillet to medium and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour a TBSP of batter onto the skillet, repeat until the skillet is full of silver dollar pancakes. Wait until you see small bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, then flip it. Cook another minute and serve immediately.
- Respray the skillet again with cooking spray before cooking more pancakes.
You might also like