Do you all feel you are running in different directions when it comes to breakfast on school days? Make you kids a healthy FREEZER BREAKFAST BURRITO, and you’ll know that they are starting their day off on the right foot!
Our daughter is very lucky to have a father who loves a great breakfast. Before he runs off to work in the morning he creates something for them both. I know that she is always having a nutritious and delicious meal to start her day. I am in awe how many kids go to school with an empty stomach. How can they possibly concentrate?
When I mentioned this idea to Ken he was more than happy to make these for himself and Amber in the morning for back to school. We have a bunch at the ready in the freezer now for the big day!! Maple flavored sausages, sweet peppers, and onion, cheese, softly scrambled eggs, all wrapped up in a burrito will give them a skip in their step to school.
Real Housemoms TV
Inside there is loads of great nutrition that will help your kids learn throughout the day!! They won’t know that is what you are doing though because they just know they are delicious. These can be made when you have sometime on the weekend. I would never survive if I didn’t have things at the ready for my family in the freezer. Dinners, frozen fruit for smoothies, snacks and now breakfast can all be at an arms length away.
Serve some additional fresh fruit or veggies on the side to round out the meal. If you have really little ones, you may want to make the small burritos. They could always have two if they aren’t quite full, but these larger ones are a good size for most kids and adults.
- 14 small maple breakfast sausage
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 11-12 large eggs
- 10 large tortillas
- Cook the sausage and then let cool and slice into small pieces. Cook peppers and onions in a medium skillet with 1 Tbsp. canola oil. until soft but not browned. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat eggs with 2 Tbsp. water, salt and pepper to taste. In the same pan add another Tbsp. oil and scramble eggs until soft (don't overcook them).
- To build the burrito, divide the amounts by ten, first lay in the eggs, then top with sausage, peppers and onions and top with cheese. Roll up tucking in the sides. Freeze on cookie trays and wrap in foil and place in freezer bags. When ready to use, unwrap from the foil and loosely wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 2 min. or until hot, let sit for 1 minute before serving.
Lastly, another great breakfast idea are these Egg, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Crepes that we have over at Noshing With The Nolands. These would freeze in the same fashion as the burritos, therefore giving you two great breakfast ideas!! ENJOY!!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!