Cheesy Bacon & Jalapeño Hash Browns are a spicy and rich side dish that pair perfectly with comfort food like a ham dinner, pork chops or classic pot roast!
Cheesy hash browns are a longtime favorite in our family. We will eat them with just about anything you pair them with because they are just that good. Everyone’s favorite is when we get to enjoy them with Prime Rib for Christmas Eve dinner. It really doesn’t get any better than that!
In my typical fashion, I decided to give our family’s classic cheesy potato recipe a spicy twist with these Cheesy Bacon & Jalapeño Hash Browns. The addition of jalapeno and bacon take the flavor of this comfort food to a whole new level!
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 1/2 lb. bacon chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 2 lbs. hashbrowns thawed
- 2 c. sour cream
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1/4 c. 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, saute the bacon for 6-8 minutes until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and in the bacon grease saute the onions and jalapeños for 3-4 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the cooked bacon. In a large bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients together including the onion and jalapeño and 1/2 of the bacon.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and fill with hash brown mixture. Bake at 350° for one hour. Top with remaining cheese and bacon and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Entrees perfect to serve with these Cheesy Bacon & Jalapeño Hash Browns!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!