Brunch has never tasted so good, this BREAKFAST HAM CASSEROLE is devoured and everyone always asks for seconds!
I love using tater tots (instead of uncooked hash browns) in my breakfast easy casserole recipes. They stay super crispy and crunch even after they bake up instead of just a non-crispy potato in the bottom of the pan. Trust me…it’s amazing! And the kids will go crazy knowing that you are willingly serving them tater tots for breakfast.
This is my go-to breakfast after the holidays because it’s super easy to throw together after a long day of cooking, plus is uses up leftover cooked ham. Or, just buy some cubed ham in the deli section and make this yummy breakfast all year long.
Isn’t it beautiful? I bet you wish you could dish up a big plate of this casserole today!
- 8 ounces cooked ham chopped
- 16 ounces bag frozen tater tots
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ small yellow onion finely chopped
- ½ cup milk
- Green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put tater tots in the casserole dish and spread into an even layer. Add ham over the top being to spread over th pan so there is some in every bite.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, cheddar cheese, garlic, onion, and milk. Mix well. Gently pour the egg mixture over the tater tots and ham.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. Garnish with chopped green onion, if desired. Cut into 8 portions and serve warm.