CHEESY HAM AND HASH BROWN CASSEROLE is great for breakfast or dinner! It tastes so amazing people can’t stop eating it! It’s a great easy recipe for holidays as well!
I love to serve a big breakfast on holidays but I don’t like to cook and miss all the fun. So I really focus on finding recipes that I can get ready for the oven the day before. Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole is exactly that! You can get this dish ready up to the point that you put it in the oven then cover it and pop it in the fridge. That way the next morning all you have to do is preheat the oven and pop it it! Then you don’t miss out on any of the fun with the family and you don’t end up with a bunch of people that are hangry from skipping breakfast waiting for the big holiday dinner!
Cheesy Han and Hash Brown Casserole is sooooo good! My husband hid some away in the fridge so that he could keep eating it for the next few days. If you like Grandma’s Potatoes you’ll love these. The recipes are super similar but I added ham to get some protein in there and make it fun for Easter. This would also be a great dish to use up some of that leftover ham you’ll have. We’ve had this for breakfast and for a dinner side dish and it was perfect as both. I just made it a week ago and my husband already wants me to make it again! This dish is so simple to make and a great family favorite. It feeds a lot, easily more than the 8 to 10 people I estimated, so it’s great for a big family-style potluck. I love when there’s a big potluck dinner or breakfast for holidays. I really like having all the different easy casserole recipes.
If you’re going the breakfast or brunch route you may also want to include these recipes!
- 30 oz. frozen hash browns
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup butter + 4 tbsps for topping melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups ham chopped
- 1 sleeve butter crackers like Ritz
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, add stick of butter, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup
- Microwave and melt completely
- In a 9x13 pan, add hash browns, cheddar cheese, green onions, ham and the melted butter/sour cream/cream of chicken mixture
- Mix well and coat all of the hash browns
- Bake, uncovered, for 55-60 minutes
- in a medium mixing bowl crush the crackers and mix with 4 tbsp melted butter
- top hash browns with the butter cracker mixture
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!