Cranberry Sauce Muffins are a beautiful and fun way to use extra cranberry sauce! Top with a smear of butter and enjoy for a delicious, festive holiday breakfast!
I’ve got a quick confession for your guys today. Cranberry sauce is one of those Thanksgiving staples that I never ate as a kid. Ever. I skipped over that bowl year after year after year. I don’t know if I tried it once and didn’t like it or if I just was wary of it from the beginning. But it was never part of my holiday plate. Finally, as an adult, I tried it again. And discovered I loved the stuff! Now I’m putting in thesey ummy, easy Cranberry Sauce Muffins!
CRANBERRY SAUCE MUFFINS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
So now that I’ve pulled a total 180, I’ve adapted my mom’s recipe and started making and using my easy homemade cranberry sauce throughout the holiday season. Usually with sautéed or slow cooker chicken or on turkey sandwiches. I also use it to make salad dressings and marinades. I must be making up for lost time because I can’t get enough of the stuff!
And now I can enjoy it at breakfast with these cranberry sauce muffins! They are easy to throw together and make such a pretty pinkish and red-colored muffin! Even the batter is gorgeous! They are the perfect balance of sweet and tart and they pair fabulously with a small smear of butter in the morning. Add coffee and your day is off to a great start! You could serve these as part of your Thanksgiving or Christmas morning breakfast spread as well. So very festive!
So if you love cranberry sauce — or want a new way to use up some leftovers — I hope you try these cranberry sauce muffins. (And if you have a muffin-loving family like I do, check out some of our other favorite muffin recipes!)
Want more Cranberry recipes?
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Cranberry Fluff
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Cinnamon
- Cranberry Brie Cups
- Cranberry Buckle
- More breakfast recipes…
Tools used to make this Cranberry Sauce Muffins recipe
Stand Mixer: I don’t know what I’d do without my stand mixer. I use it for just about everything…and I mean everything! Cakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, and shredding chicken!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Muffin Tin: Muffin tins are great for all kind of baked goods! I use mine for muffins, cupcakes, appetizers, and egg cups!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour or sub all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder. and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs and add cranberry sauce, honey, applesauce, oil, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups. The cups will nearly full.
- Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
If your cranberry sauce doesn’t have orange zest in it like mine does, I would suggest adding a teaspoon of orange zest to the batter with the wet ingredients.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!