A deliciously rich cookie dipped in white chocolate and peppermint candy. These Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie and would be a great addition to your holiday cookie tray!
Cookie trays are pretty much a holiday tradition in our house. Every year we make oodles of fresh baked cookies to share the holiday cheer with family and friends.
We make such a mess on cookie baking day, but in the end it’s all okay, because we have delicious cookies like this Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookie to munch on while doing the dishes and wiping all the spilled flour off the floor <smile>
We love these cookies right out of the oven! They have a rich chocolate flavor and taste great plain, but once we dip ’em in creamy white chocolate and peppermint candy, they take on that wonderful taste and feeling of the holiday season. They are so pretty too, don’t ya think?
Do you love baking with the kids? I know it can be messy and take a little longer than if you do it yourself, but it can also be so much fun! These cookies are perfect for baking with the kids! You’ll love how easy these peppermint crunch cookies are to make, and the kids will have fun pounding the peppermint candies into smithereens! Everyone will enjoy eating them!
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season filled with lots of love and cookies, of course!
Don’t miss these other great cookie recipes!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 15 peppermint candies crushed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 3/4 cup softened butter, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 1 egg, and 1/2 tablespoon vanilla on low until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until creamy. About a minute.
- Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Mix on low until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill until firm. 20-30 minutes in the freezer should do it.
- Roll dough into an 8" log and chill again until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make sure log is round by rolling it gently before slicing. Slice dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Space them about 1" apart.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, switching sheets halfway through baking. Cool completely on wire racks
- When cookies are cooled, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil in the microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Be sure to use a container with a wide enough opening to dip the cookies in. Stir until smooth. If needed you can microwave a little more. Be sure to always microwave on 50% power. White chocolate can be fussy. If it gets too hot it will seize. Also, be sure you are using fresh white chocolate chips. Chips that aren't fresh won't melt properly.
- One at a time, dip the cookies into the white chocolate to coat 1/2 the cookie and then immediately dip the cookie in the crushed peppermint candy. You can also sprinkle the crushed candy onto the white chocolate. Continue until all cookies are coated with white chocolate and candy and then set them aside to dry. Enjoy!
You might also like my…