This Peppermint Brownie Brittle is a fun chocolate dessert for the holidays! Thin and crispy brownie is loaded with chocolate and peppermint chips for festive flavor and a great cookie exchange treat!
‘Tis the season to be crazy busy, so when it comes to making food for the festivities, quick, easy, and crowd-pleasing recipes should be in your rotation! In addition to staples like desserts and side dishes, it’s always helpful to have some go-to holiday munchies in the mix. If you’re looking for an alternative to the traditional Christmas cookie or chocolate chip cookie recipe, this Peppermint Brownie Brittle recipe fits the bill. Full of texture and rich flavor, this irresistible treat is so delicious and versatile, you’ll start making it in huge batches!
PEPPERMINT BROWNIE BRITTLE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Crunchy, sweet, chocolatey, and minty, Peppermint Brownie Brittle highlights one of the world’s most perfect pairings: chocolate and peppermint. This brittle tastes like the chewy, crispy corners of a pan of brownies (which is the best part, in my opinion!). Then it’s topped off with a generous sprinkling of crushed peppermint candies.
You should be warned: these chocolatey tidbits are seriously addicting. Luckily, this brittle is so easy to make, you can always whip up another batch (or two!). This simple recipe is made from a boxed brownie mix, only the batter is spread thinly on a baking sheet instead of poured into a pan. The result is comparable to the brownie brittle you can buy in a bag, only this version is cheaper, plus you can make it fresh!
Put Peppermint Brownie Brittle in a decorative bowl for a festive take on party munchies, and it’ll be a favorite for guests of all ages. This treat also travels and stores well, so you can bring it to get-togethers… not to mention, it’s a great road trip snack if you’re heading out for the holidays! I also love filling glass jars with this stuff, then tying it with a ribbon or piece of twine. Not only does it look beautiful, it’s an affordable gift to give, it makes an awesome stocking stuffer or hostess gift, and everyone loves it!
Want more brownie recipes?
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Mexican Brownies
- Mint Fudge Stuffed Brownies
- Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Peppermint Brownie Brittle recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Stand Mixer: I don’t know what I’d do without my stand mixer. I use it for just about everything…and I mean everything! Cakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, and shredding chicken!
Cooling Rack: I keep a few of these cooling racks in my kitchen so I’m ready for any recipe I want to bake.
- 18 oz package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peppermint chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the brownie mix, butter, milk, and egg on medium speed until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the batter onto prepared baking sheet, spoon peppermint chips evenly over batter.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until center is set. Slide parchment paper with brittle onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Reline the baking sheet with more parchment paper and bake the remaining batter.
- Break brittle into pieces and enjoy.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!