My parents are here visiting and my mom and I love to cook together! We spend every day in the pool, then come in to make yummy dinners. We made some of my mom’s pork chops (which will be on the blog soon) and Parmesan Cilantro Corn as the side dish. We all really love corn and eat a lot of it in the summer. Although we eat a lot of corn on the cob, I enjoy trying new recipes with this yummy vegetable. When cheese and cilantro are included, I know the flavor will be awesome. Parmesan Cilantro Corn is really tasty and addictive, and we all found ourselves adding another spoonful to our plates. Before we knew it, the corn was gone! It is a great summer side dish and since it is quick and easy to make, we will be eating this many times! I found this recipe at eat.drink.smile.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (approx 6 large ears) (I used 4 cups of frozen corn)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter
- When butter is foamy add the garlic and corn, stirring to coat with the butter
- Cook stirring frequently for 2 minutes
- Add lime juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes more
- Stir in cheese, and then add heavy cream
- Continue to stir so corn won't stick to pan
- Add salt and pepper
- Cook corn until most all of the cream has absorbed about 5 minutes more
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and serve hot
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!