My parents are here visiting and my mom and I love to cook together! We spend every day in the pool, then come in to make yummy dinners. We made some of my mom’s pork chops (which will be on the blog soon) and Parmesan Cilantro Corn as the side dish. We all really love corn and eat a lot of it in the summer. Although we eat a lot of corn on the cob, I enjoy trying new recipes with this yummy vegetable. When cheese and cilantro are included, I know the flavor will be awesome. Parmesan Cilantro Corn is really tasty and addictive, and we all found ourselves adding another spoonful to our plates. Before we knew it, the corn was gone! It is a great summer side dish and since it is quick and easy to make, we will be eating this many times! I found this recipe at eat.drink.smile.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels approx 6 large ears
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- When butter is foamy add the garlic and corn and stir to coat in butter. Cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add lime juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper to the corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in cheese so it gets melty. Then add heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Continue to stir so the corn won't stick to the pan. Cook corn until almost all of the cream has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and serve immediately.
- You can substitue 4 cups frozen corn that's been thawed or canned corn that's been drained if needed.
- Pre time will be less is you're not using fresh corn.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!