You don’t need a healthy reason to make Cauliflower Fried Rice. The amazing taste and 30-minute cooking time are reason enough!
Cauliflower Fried Rice is a mix of sizzling veggies, and scrambled eggs that soak up deliciously salty soy sauce are the best part of any weeknight! Grate, chop, and toss in cauliflower, carrots, peas, and green onions and then mix in a savory sauce and scrambled eggs for a secretly healthy, mouthwatering dish!
Just so good!
Everyone goes through those phases where they attempt a more healthy diet and, of course, turn to cauliflower because it’s so versatile. Using cauliflower then becomes a healthy chore for them, and they begin to enjoy it less but hear me out. Maybe instead of focusing on how healthy cauliflower is, we focus just on how delicious it is and forget the rest! This fried rice is so unbelievably good that you’ll do just that! It’s quick to make, and the flavors rival your favorite takeout place, so you’ll be happy (and healthy) you made this.
Other Recipes to Serve with Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken is an easy way to serve up a mouth-watering protein with this delicious fried rice!
- Looking for a great, veggie-filled appetizer to serve with your fried rice? Chicken Spring Rolls are simple to make and full of amazing flavor.
Cauliflower: As the star of the dish, you will need cauliflower. To rice, the cauliflower simply cut the florets from the core of the cauliflower and pop them into a blender or food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until only small pieces remain.
Veggies: All of the fresh veggies bring a lightness to the dish. So be sure to grab carrots, a yellow or white onion, green onions, and garlic. You will also need frozen peas.
Refrigerated items: You will need butter for cooking everything in it does provide the best flavor versus using oil- and a few eggs to scramble.
Oil and Seasoning: Toasted sesame seed oil brings a lot of flavor to this dish, as does soy sauce. To top off the great flavors, you will also need sesame seeds.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
STEP ONE: In a large sauté pan, heat the butter, and once melted, add the whisked eggs. When the eggs are softly scrambled, remove them from the pan and set aside.
STEP TWO: Add more butter to the hot pan, followed by the carrots, yellow onion, and peas. Sauté the veggies until lightly browned, and then add the garlic and cook for a minute more.
STEP THREE: Push the veggies to one side of the pan and add butter to the cleared side of the pan. Once the butter is melted, add the cauliflower to the pan and let it brown a little. Now all of the veggies can be stirred together.
STEP FOUR: Mix in the green onions, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and scrambled eggs. Serve immediately and garnish with more sesame seeds if you’d like.
Tips for Success
- The cooking of fried rice moves pretty quickly once items start hitting the pan, so it’s an excellent idea to prepare everything before you even start frying the eggs. Chop, dice, and measure all of your ingredients ahead of time and you’ll see how fast this dish can be made!
- There is no need to cook the cauliflower before you add it to the pan. The raw cauliflower will cook perfectly with the other veggies and give you the slight firmness that rice does in this dish.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Why is my Cauliflower Fried Rice soggy?
Like any vegetable, overcooked cauliflower can become tender, so quickly cooking it is the key. In a majority of fried rice recipes, the rice is the last main ingredient in the pan, and this is because you want to quickly fry it and let it soak up the sauce and other flavors, but you’re not actually cooking it. Having your ingredients measured and ready to go will help prevent soggy cauliflower!
Can I add protein to this fried rice?
Absolutely! Cooking up your favorite protein to mix in the fried rice or to have as a side is a great idea and can round out the meal. Choose from traditional favorites, like chicken and shrimp, or choose beef. Marinated and cubed tofu or seitan would be wonderful additions as well. As with any fried rice, you get to pick and choose what veggies and proteins you’d like to use and make it the perfect dish for you and the family.
Check out more delicious ways to love cauliflower!
- Cauliflower Rice
- Loaded Cauliflower Steaks
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Soup
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
*This post was originally posted on 01/06/2018.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced (or white onion)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup green onions thinly sliced (plus more for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Using a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Once hot, add the beaten eggs, stirring only occasionally until soft scrambled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet and increase the heat to medium-high. Add the diced carrots, onion, and peas and stir them into the butter. Cook the veggies, stirring occasionally, until slightly brown, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Push the sauteed veggies to one side of the pan. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the middle of the pan, and then add the cauliflower rice. Give the cauliflower a quick stir to distribute the butter. Then allow it to brown slightly by not stirring for a couple of minutes. Once the bottom of the cauliflower starts to brown, stir all the veggies together and cook them for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and crambled egg. Remove from the heat. Garnish with additional sesame seeds and green onion, if desired. Serve warm.