Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup is a dump and go soup recipe that can be made decadent or healthy with the toppings!
Alright, this is my new favorite soup and one of my best crock pot recipes. I have been struggling to find healthy slow cooker recipes that taste like real food, I can’t eat a dry salad for dinner, or just a piece of fish. I need meals that taste closest to my favorite comfort foods. This soup tastes great, and it’s very filling!
This also is one of those easy peasy slow cooker recipes that requires NO chopping! Just dump (I know that word is awful) and go! To make this recipe healthier I often use Mrs. Dash “No Salt” taco seasoning, and top the soup with baked tortilla chips, Weight Watchers cheese and fat-free sour cream. I also save the leftovers, and eat them the next night for dinner, while my family has sloppy joes or another of their favorite meals- I would much rather have this soup.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 3 cups water
- 1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. dry taco mix
- 1 (10-oz.) can Ro*tel
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (2.25-oz.) can sliced olives
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Corn Chips
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, add the water, taco mix, rotel, pinto beans, green chiles, olives and corn. Stir. Add chicken breasts into this mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Note- to make this recipe "healthier", use Mrs. Dash no salt taco mix, top with baked tortilla chips, weight watchers shredded cheese, and fat free sour cream.
You may also like: 20 perfect for Summer Slow Cooker Recipes