With the weather warming up, it’s the perfect time to start making summer plans for outdoor fun. Get creative with these 25 DIY Outdoor Activities for Kids!
It’s almost that time of year! Summer break is just around the corner and like every year I’m trying to find fun things for my kids to do. Sure, we go to the library and the local park, but I need something that’ll keep them busy for a good 30 minutes to an hour at home.
So I’m getting creative with these fun 25 DIY Outdoor Activities for Kids! We can put together games like ring toss or cornhole. Build a kiddie cash wash to ride through on bikes. Even make giant bubbles and walk on stilts.
These are seriously the best outdoor activities for kids and sure to win your major parent points!
25 DIY OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
Love it? Pin it to your DIY board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What kid doesn’t like to get wet?! These fun water activities will keep them cool while having fun!
- Super Soaker Sponge Balls – Crazy easy to make and great in the pool or just with a bucket of water!
- DIY Water Blasters – It’s the best water fight your kids have ever had! Easy to make and fun for hours!
- Water Cup Races – My boys love a good race. Set up a track, grab some squirt guns, and fire!
- DIY Kiddie Car Wash – The whole neighborhood is going to want to hang out at your house when you build this!
- DIY Water Blob – All the fun of water without a muddy lawn! I do like to turn on the sprinkler and let the kids roll around though.
The two most loved kid activities – making bubbles and painting! These easy DIY recipes will have your kids getting creative!
- Sidewalk Chalk Paint – Mix up any color you like! It’s washable and food-safe!
- How to Make Giant Bubbles – The best giant bubbles around. Watch everyone’s eyes go wide when you make the first one!
- Bubble Snake Blower – Coolest bubbles ever! They just keep growing and growing!
- Ice Paints – Great for little hands! These fun paint pops are a great way to paint on a hot day!
Do your kids love to play games? These backyard games are always a hit and there’s an option for every age level!
- Frisbee Tic-Tac-Toe – Turn regular old tic-tac-toe into a slightly challenging frisbee game!
- Backyard Ker Plunk – I remember thing game from when I was little and LOVED it! This giant-sized version is fun for the whole family!
- Cornhole Game – Every family should have these boards! With a little time and effort, you can have a custom set that’ll last for years!
- Cornhole Bags – My kids loved helping pick out fabric for these regulation cornhole bags!
- DIY Ladder Golf Game – Surprisingly easy to make, and it’s a fun game kids and adults love!
- DIY Kubb – Best lawn game ever! We totally play with our adult friends too!
- Backyard Ring Toss Game – A simple project, and you customize the rings with your favorite colors!
- Rainbow Paver Hopscotch – Every kid I know loves hopscotch. Add a colorful flair and watch them go to town!
Looking for something to get everyone outdoors? I’m loving these fun projects! Try one or try them all. It’s going to be a great summer!
- DIY Lemonade Stand with Free Lemon Stand Printables – Dress up your lemonade stand with these super cute printables!
- Soap Boat Races – This activity is great for the littles. They can follow their boats and start over and over and over!
- Pool Noodle Target Practice – You won’t believe how easy this is to put together. My boys love to challenge each other to see who does the best!
- Can Stilts – I wish I had these when I was a kid. My kids love to go stomping around on them!
- Balloon Boppers – This simple bopper will create hours, HOURS of fun!
- Marshmallow Shooters – Every kid should have a marshmallow shooter! They’re a blast! 😉
- DIY Backyard Fishing – This game is so fun. No hooks, just magnets, and it’s a great party game too!
- Bigfoot Game – Best minute to win it game ever! Everyone will laugh!!
If you enjoyed these projects you may also enjoy our collection of
Jenjo Games says
Liked all the activities which you have shared in the blog. Our family enjoy playing many different games on weekend. We plan in advance which activity to include in the next week. I must say this is best time of our week which every member of the family enjoy participating. Your list has definitely given me many interesting games to include them in our next weekend plan. Thanks for sharing this!
Selene Strong says
Wow, great post! Love the kiddie car wash and spray chalk ideas. Thanks for sharing!
Aubrey Cota says
Thank you Selene!