Perfect for home decor or great as a gift, make your own DIY MONOGRAM WALL ART!
I’m a big fan of monogrammed projects. There is just something about them; they’re personal and always add a little something to a project or a room. But have you noticed that buying monogrammed items is sometimes pricey? I always see things and think, I could probably make that for less. So when I happened upon these cute slatted rounds at my local craft store I knew they were perfect for inexpensive and attractive DIY Monogram Wall Art!
What you’ll need:
- Wood slatted round (from a craft store)
- Various shades of acrylic chalk finish paint
- Monogram (any medium)
- Glue or way to adhere monogram
And the steps:
- First, you’re going to want to paint your slatted round. We chose various shades of grey chalk finish paint, but you could really do anything that coordinates with your decor!
- Once your slats are painted and dry, now you want to adhere your monogram. You can really buy any kind of monogram! Your local craft store will likely have a ton of different options from metal to wood to paper mache. If you choose a wood or paper monogram, you’ll just want to paint it a coordinating color (make sure it pops off the color of your slatted round) and let that dry before adhering.
- For most monograms, you can probably attach with a little bit of hot glue. But since we chose a metal letter with thin rims, we found the best way to adhere the monogram was with a couple of tacks!
- We just measured and added the tacks so that the monogram would hang perfectly in the middle of the round, then painted them the color of the wood they were tacked to so that they wouldn’t stand out.
And just like that, in just an afternoon you have beautiful DIY Monogram Wall Art!
I love that you can really personalize this project to your home decor. OR if you’re making one as a gift (monograms make perfect gifts!) you can choose colors that your recipient is drawn to! I actually made these for my boys’ teachers this year. They make a great beginning of the year gifts since you don’t always know just what the teacher likes quite yet.
What do you think? Are you ready to make DIY Monogram Wall Art of your own? If you liked this easy DIY, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more DIY decor, be sure to check out some of our favorite projects like our Easy Hydrangea Wreath or DIY Flocked Wreath! Say hi if you drop by!
This is wonderful and seems like an easy thing to do. I am not sure if I am able to find a steel monogram here but it’s great to know that I can use paper mache on this one. Thank you for sharing this idea.
Oliver PA says
Love this, Kimberly.
DIY projects motivate me a lot. I’m definitely saving this for future use.
WOW! I love how easy this project is, and it is so cute! Thank you for sharing. I am definitely going to have to keep this in mind for the years to come!
I love the look of this! I agree, monogram metal pieces are so pricey. I’ll have to make this more affordable DIY!