This easy DIY Twig Vase makes a perfect addition to your Fall decor!
There’s just something about Fall that makes me want to incorporate outdoor, natural elements into my decor! Whether that’s apples, pumpkins, wheat stems, hydrangeas, burlap, jute, or …. twigs and sticks from around my yard!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Okay … I lied about that last bit. I actually bought these ‘twigs’, but I’m thoroughly convinced that collecting them from around your yard would add to the fun of this piece.
To make this guy, I started with the following:
- A simple cylinder vase (these come free with floral arrangements, or you can purchase for really cheap from a florist.
- A bunch of twigs either from your yard or the craft store. I bought mine from JoAnn for about $3, and I think they’re actually pieces of bamboo (still a natural element, right?). They need to be as tall or taller than your vase and all similar lengths.
- Hot Glue Gun
And here’s the easy step-by-step:
- Glue each twig onto vase until entire vase is covered. If you work quickly, you can place a band of glue around the top of the vase and one around the bottom and quickly place your pieces into place. You’ll have to work quickly, though, to get them all in place while the glue is still wet. Everything I do these days seems to be in a ‘hurry’, but if you’re the more relaxed kinda gal … you could also just place glue on each twig individually as you go.
- With the twigs (or faux bamboo … in my case) in place, next we’ll paint the bottom. To do this, simply wrap a piece of painters tape (or frog tape around the vase with the bottom of the tape where you would like the paint to stop on the twigs. Cover the top half of twigs and vase with a plastic bag or large of paper.
- Next, grab your white spray paint (or whatever color you’re into …) and paint the exposed bottoms of the twigs.
- Once dry, I wrapped a piece of Jute string around the top and tied a bow for a little added interest (and to help make sure none of the twigs came unglued). Fill the vase with flowers, and you’re done! Easy right?
You’ve just taken a boring (but super cheap!!) vase and turned it into a Fall centerpiece for your table for practically free (especially if you actually used twigs from your yard)!
We recent purchased a new dining table, so this vase along with some mini white pumpkins and a DIY bookpage ‘table runner’ made the perfect simple Fall centerpiece!
Thanks again for having me here today! I hope you’re enjoying all things Fall! I’ll be back next month with more craftiness, but until then, I’d love for you to pop over and say HELLO at View From The Fridge!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!