Hi everyone! I’m Tara from Noshing with the Nolands. I am so thrilled to be here!! This is my first post at Real Housemoms and I wanted to start off with a bang. These little Honey Sriracha Chicken Nuggets will have the whole family wanting more. A great game day snack or anytime appetizer. The sweet honey beats the heat of the sriracha and all the other ingredients tie this together perfectly.
With the sauce drizzled on, the chicken stays crispy and delicious or serve some sauce on the side for easy dipping!! I love little chicken nuggets, doesn’t seem as naughty as a big piece of fried chicken, right??
Dad would be thrilled to have a plate of these chicken nuggets to share on game day. They are easy to make and will be loved for their crispy exterior and tender chicken breast interior. The sauce is an extra bonus and is finger licking good!! You may want to make extra as these will be grabbed up quickly.
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1 " chunks
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Canola oil for frying
- Extra salt to taste
- To make the sauce, heat the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stir in the flour and cook 1 min. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer to thicken. Set aside.
- Whisk together seasoned flour ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together dry batter ingredients. Combine egg and water and add to dry ingredients gradually.
- Heat oil to 365F in a deep wok or deep fryer.
- Moisten chicken slightly with water. Dip in flour then batter then flour. Fry in the oil for 10 min. or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels. Salt immediately again.
- Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious