These easy Ham and Cheese Sliders are a combination of ham and Swiss cheese baked between soft, buttery rolls for the BEST game day appetizer!
This easy recipe for Ham and Cheese Sliders is a classic appetizer that everyone loves. Layers of ham and swiss cheese are sandwiched between soft, slightly sweet slider buns, and topped with a sauce made with butter, mustard, and poppy seeds. Everything is baked together until the cheese is perfectly melted, and the buns are nicely toasted. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! They even make a great light dinner addition, add a bowl of soup and life is complete. Similarly, most of my best dinner ideas come from what I already have on hand in the fridge and pantry and done in just 20-minutes.
HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZERS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’m totally into sliders. I think they are one of the easiest appetizer recipes to make, and they are perfect for feeding a crowd on game day. You can make just about anything into Hawaiian roll sliders, and some of my go-to slider recipes include my Philly Cheesesteak Sliders and Copycat Big Mac Sliders. They both have all of the flavors of the classic sandwich/burger they are named after, and they are always a hit at parties! For instance, if I think back, these Ham and Cheese Sliders started it all. I had them at a friends house years ago, and I was in love. They are the OG baked slider, and they are still a family favorite for a reason.
These Ham and Cheese Sliders disappear fast so you’ll probably want to double this recipe. Serve them when everyone arrives and bring out another pan during half time to feed all of your hungry football fans!
How to make sliders
- Cut your slider buns in half and place the bottom half in a greased casserole dish.
- Add a little mayo to the bottom buns.
- Top them with layers of thinly sliced deli ham, and Swiss cheese. I like it to be all nice and gooey when the sliders come out of the oven, so I put a little extra Swiss :).
- Place the tops of the slider buns on the cheese and then, and this is the best part, pour this delicious mixture of melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and poppy seeds over everything. It soaks into the bread, and as the sliders bake in the oven, the slider buns toast and the flavors all bake together.
Make sliders ahead of time
Most importantly since this is a party food, I wanted to share a little tip for making it ahead of time. The night before your party you can assemble the Ham and Cheese Sliders right up to the point where you pour the melted butter on. Instead, cover the sliders and place them in the refrigerator. On the day of your party make your butter mixture, melt it, and pour it over your slider, then bake them and pull them out of the oven right before guests arrive.
Check out other awesome appetizer recipes.
- Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
- Chorizo Queso Fundido
- Bacon Ranch Cheesy Bread
- Fruit Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Sliders
- More Appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make the Ham and Cheese Sliders
Casserole Dish: This simple and elegant serving dish goes from oven to table! It’s a staple at our dinner table and I know it will be at your table too!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut slider buns in half and place the bottoms in a greased casserole dish.
- Spread mayonnaise over the bottom buns.
- Place the ham on the slider buns, overlapping the pieces.
- Place the Swiss cheese on the ham then place the tops of the slider buns.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds.
- Pour the butter mixture over the sliders and cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for 10 more minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!