We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter yesterday and enjoyed time with family, friends, and loved ones! My parents were here in Arizona earlier in the week and my brother and his family came to visit us for the weekend. They left yesterday afternoon, after a weekend full of fun memories with our children, beautiful weather, time in the pool, food on the barbeque, lots of yummy appetizers and drinks, and an Easter egg hunt! We had so much fun and I am glad they came to spend the weekend with us!
We had some leftovers from our baked ham with brown sugar glaze, so we made a delicious Ham and Lentil Soup! It was a perfect, healthy way to use some of the extra meat and all of the different ingredients made it hearty and super tasty. The nights are still a little chilly here in Arizona, so soup makes a nice dinner.
- ham bone from Riesling-Peach Glazed Ham
- ham cut into chunks
- cut up carrots
- cut up celery
- cut up green onions
- 16 oz bag lentils
- 15 oz can white beans drained
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Put ham bone in large pot, with garlic salt, onion salt, cumin, bay leaves, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Remove the ham bone from the water and cut off the ham
- Remove bay leaves
- Add ham pieces from the bone back in the water
- Add extra cut up ham, carrots, celery, green onion, can of diced tomatoes, lentils, and white beans
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!