There’s nothing like a good hearty soup during chilly fall and winter nights and this Instant Pot Meatball Soup is a great addition to your weeknight menu!
We love using the Instant Pot! Did you get one for Christmas? If you’re new to the appliance, it can be a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it there’s no turning back! We love using it for cooking meat and meals in no time, making crock pot recipes (you heard me right!), and it’s great for soups, stews & desserts too. This Instant Pot Meatball Soup recipe is one my favorites to make, though, mostly because I love the one-stop pot! As a result, I don’t have a ton of dishes to worry about when all is said and done.
INSTANT POT MEATBALL SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your INSTANT POT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
If this is your first Instant Pot rodeo, don’t be scared. This meatball soup recipe is easy to make and practically fool-proof. You can saute veggies in a skillet and find something fun or relaxing to do while your food cooks, you can make this soup!
How to Make Meatball Soup
- Simply grab a bag of your favorite frozen meatballs and you’re off to a great start.
- Sauté chopped onions and minced garlic in oil and butter in your Instant Pot on the sauté setting.
- Next, add beef broth, chopped carrots, celery, and tomato paste plus your seasonings. Top with frozen meatballs then crushed tomatoes.
- Set your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on Manual (high pressure) for 25 minutes, let it come to pressure, and once the timer is done let it naturally release that pressure.
Now you have a delicious Italian meatball soup that your family is sure to love. If you enjoy this Instant Pot meal, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Wendy’s Copycat Chili and our Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Love a warm bowl of soup? These are some of my favorites!
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Crock Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- Beef Noodle Soup
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Instant Pot Meatball Soup recipe
Instant Pot: This all-in-one cooker is the best thing I’ve put on my countertop! It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, makes rice in minutes, and more!
Bowls: I love serving my stews and soups in these colorful geometric and floral patterns, they add so much character to my weeknight meals.
Ladle: Every soup and stew lover needs a ladle to portion out big warm bowls of their favorite soups and stews!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 4 large carrots diced
- 6 stalks celery diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 package frozen meatballs 24-32 oz
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- Shredded mozzarella for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onion for garnish
- Turn on your Instant Pot and select Sauté function, add oil and butter.
- Once hot, add diced onion and minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add beef broth then stir in tomato paste, celery, carrots, and ranch seasoning.
- Now add frozen meatballs and top with crushed tomatoes. Close and lock the lid.
- Select Manual function (high pressure) and set a timer for 25 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method. You can quick release after 10 minutes.
- Portion soup into serving bowls and enjoy!