Quick, easy & made in one pot this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is the best comfort food when you’re wanting a food hug!
It’s almost fall and with this time of year comes all the tasty and delicious soup recipes. One soup that you can never go wrong with is a classic chicken noodle soup. Now I’m a person who wholeheartedly believes that there is no such thing as seasonal food. Whoever said that soups, pumpkin, and apples were only for fall was off their rocker. This easy Chicken Noodle Soup is one our favorite dinner ideas and I know it will become one of yours too!
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
We love soup recipes all year long. Sometimes you just want to have that warm comfort food even when it’s 90 degrees outside and you couldn’t have the air conditioning cranked any higher.
Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
- Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Egg Noodles
This chicken noodle soup recipe is a classic dish that goes a long way. It never lasts too long in our house because it is a recipe everyone can get behind.
There are so many different ways of making homemade chicken noodle soup from making your own broth, to switching up the vegetables and spices, etc. But in our house, we like to keep things as simple as possible because with 4 kids we like to get things on the dinner table as soon as we can.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- In a large stock pot add your chicken broth, chicken breasts, carrots, onions and bring to a boil until chicken is cooked through
- Remove chicken breasts and shred, we like to shred using our stand mixer (super simple kitchen hack).
- Next, add your egg noodles to the broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Once noodles are cooked add your chicken back to broth along with salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme and again bring to a boil until everything is heated through.
How much simpler can you get? It truly is downright tasty but downright easy. Not all recipes that you see out there are extremely complicated and good.
You can have these simple recipes with minimal ingredients that are amazing as well and you won’t want to go back to doing it the difficult way! If you like this recipe you might also like my Chicken Noodle Casserole and Egg Drop Soup.
Need more soup in your life?
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooke Classic Tomato Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese Soup
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Ladle: Every soup lover needs a ladle to portion out big warm bowls of their favorite soups!
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts defrosted
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 10 oz egg noodles
- 1/2 Tbs thyme
- 1/2 Tbs parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large stock pot add your chicken broth, chicken breasts, carrots, onion, and celery and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from broth and shred (we like to use our stand mixer to shred).
- Add your egg noodles to the broth and bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Add back in your chicken, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper and bring to another boil to heat through.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!