This super easy Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese Soup has no morning prep involved! Just dump, go, and come home to a delicious meal the whole family loves!
If you love creamy cheesy soup as much as I do, you have got to try this recipe for Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese Soup. I work full-time, and I am often late getting out the door in the morning. With this soup, the morning prep is minimal and I can come home to a delicious meal. This crock pot soup recipe is the ultimate in comfort food and perfect for chilly evenings.
SLOW COOKER HAM AND POTATO CHEESE SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Ready to make some soup?! In the morning, pour in a box of chicken broth, diced ham, a bag of frozen southern style hash brown, a scoop of frozen onions, and some seasonings into your slow cooker. Set it for 8 hours on LOW. Now you can head off to work, run errands, and get on with your day. Then, when you arrive home all you have to do is blend up some of the soup liquid with cream cheese and stir in some freshly grated cheese. I also love to make some grilled Parmesan garlic bread (in the oven). It goes so good with this soup! I hope you enjoy one of my favorite no-fuss, best crock pot recipes!
What more crock pot dinner recipes?
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, and Tater Tot Bake
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese Soup recipe
Crock Pot: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Blender: I love this blender! I use it to make everything from smoothies to soups. It can handle anything I throw at it and the puree comes out smooth.
- 1 32-oz. bag frozen southern style hash browns
- 1/2 cup diced onion I use frozen diced onion!
- 1 32-oz. box chicken broth
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups diced ham
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder not in photo
- 1 8-oz. box 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 8-oz. block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (don't buy pre-shredded, it won't melt as well)
- Bread and butter for serving
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add the frozen potatoes, onion, chicken broth, ham, pepper, thyme and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is up, add the cream cheese to a blender, and scoop some broth and hot potatoes into the blender with the cream cheese, just enough to get the blender moving, cover and blend until smooth. Add this mixture back to the rest of the soup in the slow cooker. Add the shredded cheese and stir.
- Serve with bread and butter.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Chicken and Kale Gnocchi Soup
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!