Deliciously filling and hearty Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup is packed with fresh vegetables and huge on flavor!
Warm, hearty, and delicious Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup is so easy to make and is ready to serve in under an hour! Seasoned to perfection, this medley of veggies comes together to create the perfect healthy and satisfying soup that everyone in your family will love!
BIG FLAVOR, NO POINTS
This amazing Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup recipe is a fan favorite because it’s huge on flavor but doesn’t count as any Weight Watcher’s points! I love this soup because it is packed with fresh veggies and feels like an indulgence, not a diet!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH WEIGHT WATCHERS CABBAGE SOUP
- Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks – These “breadsticks” are the best! Especially when paired with an already healthy bowl of soup!
- Big Mac Salad – Soup and salad are the perfect pair and this salad is actually Weight Watchers compatible!
Broth: This broth is made with beef broth and a can of tomatoes. You can also use vegetable broth if you would like to make this recipe vegetarian.
Veggies: For this veggie-packed soup you’ll need fresh diced carrots, celery, and onion. You will also need chopped cabbage and fresh or frozen chopped green beans and cauliflower rice. For extra flavor use freshly minced garlic and top with fresh parsley for garnish.
Seasoning: Season this hearty soup with salt, basil, oregano, and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE WEIGHT WATCHERS CABBAGE SOUP
STEP ONE: Start by placing a large pot on the stove over medium heat. Add in the chopped carrots, celery, onion, and minced garlic. Lightly spritz the veggies with cooking spray and cook them for 5-6 minutes. Stir the veggies frequently until they start to soften.
STEP TWO: Once they begin to soften, add the beef broth and tomatoes as well as the salt, basil, oregano, and pepper. Bring the soup to a light boil.
STEP THREE: Once the soup begins to boil, add the cabbage, cauliflower rice, and chopped green beans. Stir the soup, reduce the heat, and cover it. Allow it to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the cabbage starts to soften.
STEP FOUR: The soup is done once the cabbage has softened and the veggies have reached the desired tenderness. Serve this Weight Watchers cabbage vegetable soup topped with parsley if desired.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- If you want to make this Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup recipe vegetarian or vegan friendly you can replace the beef broth with vegetable broth.
- This soup is ready in under an hour but feel free to adjust the cooking time depending on how crunchy or how soft you prefer your veggies.
IS THE WEIGHT WATCHERS CABBAGE SOUP KETO?
This Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup recipe is a great keto-friendly recipe! Vegetable soup is typically a low-carb option, although it does have some net carbs. Luckily, these carbs are mostly from the vegetables so it is still a great healthy option.
CAN YOU FREEZE WEIGHT WATCHERS CABBAGE SOUP
This Weight Watchers soup recipe with cabbage will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. If you have more soup than you think you will finish then freezing it is a great option! I love to put single servings of this amazing soup into Ziploc freezer bags and then freeze them flat. Once they are frozen solid you can stack them easily and have individual servings of soup ready to go any day of the week. You can defrost them in the fridge overnight or remove the soup from the bag and place it directly in a pot on the stove.
OTHER SUPER SOUP RECIPES
- Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup
- Leftover Ham Soup with Lentils
- Instant Pot Meatball Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Beef Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled & diced
- 2 stalk celery diced
- 1 yellow onion peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & minced
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups green cabbage chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup green beans chopped (fresh or frozen)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften, stirring frequently.
- Add the beef broth, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together and then bring the soup to a light boil.
- Add the cabbage, cauliflower rice, and green beans to the pot. Stir the veggies in, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Allow the soup to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Give the soup one more stir and check the seasoning. Portion into bowls and garnish with a little fresh parsley if desired. Serve warm.