Looking for a delicious, low-point Weight Watchers soup recipe? This fantastic Weight Watchers Taco Soup is a fantastic option for a healthy, filling lunch or dinner!
During the New Year, many of us are looking to eat healthier, and get back to an ideal weight. Having a simple, go-to soup recipe, like this Weight Watchers Taco Soup is a great way to set yourself up for success. Loaded with beans, lean ground turkey and tons of flavor, this simple soup recipe is just 1-point per serving on the new Weight Watchers Freestyle program. It’s fantastic for dinner paired with Taco Salad after a long day and great to divide up into individual servings a take to work for an easy, filling lunch.
Weight Watchers Taco Soup
Like this recipe? Pin it to your NAME pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Over 16 years ago, I had just gotten engaged. I was probably 50 pounds overweight, and feeling pretty crummy about myself. I decided to take the plunge into the Weight Watchers program. I lost over 40 pounds before my wedding and learned to be a healthier version of myself. Many of the things I learned back then, I still implement in my weekly routine now. Making healthy, low-point soups and stews are a fantastic way to stay on track and set yourself up for success. This Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe is the perfect recipe for an easy weeknight meal, and great for making and dividing up into individual portions for the week.
Many people in my Weight Watchers meetings (which I still go to regularly after all these years!) absolutely rave about this soup recipe! Not only is it low in points (just 1-point for a 1 cup serving), it’s very filling and loaded with flavor. I will often make a pot of this soup on a Sunday afternoon, and divide it into 1-cup servings. I’ll stack them up in my refrigerator and pull out during the week for a quick lunch option. I’ll even eat these for a snack in the middle of the afternoon – because they’re just 1-point, and loaded with lots of filling fiber and protein, there is nothing to feel guilty about.
Much like a simple turkey chili recipe, this soup is super simple. You’ll begin by browning the turkey and onion together. Next, add your seasonings and the rest of the ingredients. Simmer together on your stovetop for 20 minutes. You’ll have the most amazing, comforting soup that is hearty, filling and completely delicious!
Want more soup recipes?
- Slow Cooker Hand and Cheese Potato Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Classic Tomato Soup
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
Soup Bowls: I love the colors of these bowls! They’re the perfect size for soup or a bowl of cereal. We use them every day!
- 16 ounces Extra-Lean 99% Ground Turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 ounce pkg dry taco seasoning
- 1 ounce pkg dry ranch seasoning
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can kidney or red beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- In a large stockpot, brown together the ground turkey, and diced onion. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in seasoning mixes, and add in the remaining ingredients. Stir together well, cover with lid, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve right away. Refrigerate any leftovers in airtight containers. Can also be frozen into individual servings.
If you loved this fantastic Weight Watchers soup recipe, be sure to check out some of Erin’s other healthy soup options that are low in points: