Hearty and healthy Weight Watchers Taco Soup is a fantastic option for a deliciously filling, low-point lunch or dinner!
Packed with veggies and big on flavor, this Weight Watchers Taco Soup is only 1 WW point per serving on the Freestyle program! Everyone in your house will love this soup because it tastes amazing, and you’ll love it even more because it only takes 20 minutes to make!
SIMPLE, DELICIOUS, AND HEALTHY
Soup is one of the least complicated and most delicious meals you can make. There’s something about a bowl of soup that always leaves you satisfied, and the best part is that this Taco Soup is tasty, filling, and healthy!
Don’t forget to add delicious Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup and Crock Pot Weight Watchers Chili to your weekly recipe rotations!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH WEIGHT WATCHERS TACO SOUP
- Weight Watchers Berry Crisp for One – This is the perfect individual dessert to indulge in after dinner!
- 3-Ingredient Weight Watchers Lemon Cake – Perfect for sharing or fighting off cravings, this Lemon Cake is a truly must-have!
Turkey: This recipe uses 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey.
Veggies: Taco soup has yellow onion, a can of black beans, a can of kidney beans, a can of corn, a can of diced tomatoes, and a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.
Seasoning: Keep it simple with a 1-ounce package of taco seasoning from the store or make your own. You’ll also need a 1-ounce package of ranch seasoning mix.
Broth: All that’s left to add is 14.5 ounces of chicken broth.
HOW TO MAKE WEIGHT WATCHERS TACO SOUP
STEP ONE: Start by browning the diced onion and ground turkey in a large stock pot. Once browned, drain any excess fat from the meat and stir in both packages of the dry taco seasoning and dry ranch seasoning mixes.
STEP TWO: Add the canned black beans and kidney beans as well as the corn, diced tomatoes, and Rotel tomatoes and chilies. Stir the ingredients together and cover the stock pot with a lid.
STEP THREE: Simmer the Weight Watchers Taco Soup for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve this delicious soup immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- This flavorful soup is 1 WW point per 1 cup serving on the Freestyle program.
- I love to portion this soup into individual servings and freeze them.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT TACO SOUP
Soups make the ultimate leftovers and this taco soup recipe is no exception! Simply store any leftovers in an airtight container and place them in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to reheat, place the soup in a pot and reheat it on the stovetop. You can microwave this soup as well but make sure to cover the bowl with a paper towel or microwave-safe splash guard to keep your microwave clean.
HOW TO FREEZE WEIGHT WATCHERS TACO SOUP
I love to keep this soup on hand in the freezer for days when I don’t have time to cook a healthy meal. Sometimes, I even double this recipe, so I have lots of leftovers to freeze for the future. I pour room temperature, single portions of soup into zipper freezer bags and freeze them flat. Once they’re frozen solid, you can easily stack them in the freezer, which is a great space saver.
When you’re ready to reheat a serving, defrost Weight Watchers Taco Soup in the fridge the night before and transfer it to a pot or microwave-safe dish. Do not microwave the soup in the freezer bag.
OTHER TASTY SOUPS AND STEWS
- Low Carb Cheesy Bacon Cauliflower Soup
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Skinny Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Meatball Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
*This post was originally posted on 01/18/2018.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned corn drained
- 15 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- In a large pot, cook the ground turkey and onion until the turkey is cooked through and browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Stir in taco seasoning and ranch mix.
- Add the black beans, kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes, Rotel, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir everything together, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir once more before serving warm. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro is desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze this soup in individual servings.
Tracy Pletcher says
Thank u 🙂
An actual serving size would be helpful…. I don’t know why people post recipes with nutrition info and NO serving size…
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
This flavorful soup is 1 WW point per 1 cup serving on the Freestyle program.
It says it makes 8 servings.
Bridget W says
I LOOOOOVED this recipe! I subbed for ground chicken and I added a dollop of plain Greek yogurt with my bowl and it is delicious!!! Thank you!