Perfect for winter dinners, this warm and hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew will become a family favorite! So easy to make and great for busy weeknights!
There’s nothing like a good hearty soup or stew during chilly fall and winter nights, am I right? My family loves a warm, hearty soup and this Instant Pot Beef Stew has made it’s way to the top of their list along with some of our other favorite Crockpot Recipes! It’s so easy to put together, it’s perfect for busy weeknight meals, and you’ll have your family going to bed with full bellies.
INSTANT POT BEEF STEW
Like this recipe? Pin it to your INSTANT POT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
We love using the Instant Pot! Do you have one yet? If you’re new to the appliance, it can be a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it there’s no turning back! We love using it for cooking meat and meals in no time, and it’s great for soups, stews, and desserts too. This Beef stew recipe is one my favorites to make, though, mostly because I love the one-stop pot! As a result, I don’t have a ton of dishes to worry about when all is said and done.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF STEW
Instant Pot Beef Stew recipe comes together so quickly.
Start with stew meat or chuck roast cut into 1″ chunks. Brown beef stew meat in a little butter in your Instant Pot on sauté; this helps to seal in the flavor. Next, chop up the vegetables and pop those in, right on top of the beef, along with some seasonings and beef broth.
Set your Instant Pot or pressure cooker to its Meat/Stew settings for 35 minutes, let it come to pressure, then when ready have it naturally release that pressure for a delicious Instant Pot Beef Stew that your family is sure to love. If you enjoy this Instant Pot meal, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Wendy’s Copycat Chili and our Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Beef Stew Meat
Generally, beef sold for stew is Chuck/Shoulder. I prefer chuck and I especially prefer it because in most cases you can find it already trimmed and cut up into bite-size cubes. This cut becomes tender and holds up nicely and are very well suited for stew.
Similarly, other meats that can be used are Bottom Round Roast, Rump Roast or English Roast depending on your preference.
More Instant Pot and Slow Cooker recipes.
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
- Slow Cooker Black Bean & Chorizo Soup
- More Dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Instant Pot Beef Stew
Instant Pot: This all-in-one cooker is the best thing I’ve put on my countertop! It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, makes rice in minutes, and more!
Bowls: I love serving my stews and soups in these colorful geometric and floral patterns, they add so much character to my weeknight meals.
Ladle: Every soup and stew lover needs a ladle to portion out big warm bowls of their favorite soups and stews!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound stew meat or beef chuck cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes cubed
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Turn on your Instant Pot and select Sauté function.
- Melt butter and cook beef until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Turn off Sauté function.
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, onion, carrots, and garlic; cover with beef broth.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, better than bouillon, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Close and lock the lid.
- Select Meat/Stew function and set a timer for 35 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method. You can quick release after 10 minutes.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!