Instant Pot Pork Chops are a quick & easy dinner marinated overnight in a zesty honey garlic glaze. Pop them in your Instant Pot and you’re ready to go!
After a long day of errands, work, and family tasks, the last thing you want to do is spend all night cooking. I love how much the Instant Pot has saved me from that dreaded weeknight routine. Since owning a pressure cooker, I have tried to figure out how to make all of our favorite dinners using it. Between these Instant Pot Pork Chops and my Crock Pot Pork Chops, my time over the stove has dramatically decreased!
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your INSTANT POT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Now, pork chops can be tricky. I recommend marinating them for at least 8 hours, ideally overnight, with a marinade that has a little oil to keep the pork chops from getting dry in the Instant Pot. They finally get topped with a honey garlic sauce made from the marinade for one of the best pressure cooker pork chop recipes around!
This honey garlic pork chops recipe is made from mostly pantry staples, making it a weekly go-to dinner dish.
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops Ingredients
- Boneless pork chops, fresh or frozen
- Sweet chili sauce
- Soy sauce
- Garlic cloves
- Vegetable oil
- Butter (or olive oil if you need a diary-free option)
- Chicken stock
The honey, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and oil marinade doubles for the tangy honey garlic glaze at the end, so make sure to save it after marinating!
How Do You Cook Pork Chops in an Instant Pot
- Start by popping your boneless pork chops in a large ziptop plastic bag. Then mix the honey, garlic, sweet chili sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, and vegetable oil in a small bowl. Pour the marinade into the bag. and place the pork chops in your fridge. Let them marinate overnight or at least eight hours.
- When you’re ready to cook up the pork chops, turn your Instant Pot on to sauté and add butter to the pot.
- Using a pair of tongs, remove the pork chops from the marinade, and save the remaining marinade for your sauce. Then season the pork chops with salt and pepper and sear each side in the Instant Pot. It’ll take about 4 minutes per side. This helps seal in the flavor and moisture!
- Then urn the Instant Pot off, and cover the pork chops in chicken stock.
- Now you’re ready to add the lid onto the pot. Then, move the valve to sealing and set your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on Manual (high pressure) for 7 minutes.
- While the pork chops are cooking in the Instant Pot, pour the leftover marinade into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, remove your saucepan from the heat. And now you have a delicious honey garlic glaze for your pork chops!
- Let Instant Pot come to pressure and once the timer is done, let it naturally release for 10 minutes. (Basically leave it alone for 10 minutes.) If there is still pressure after the natural release, you can quick release the rest by opening the valve. Use a towel of the tongs to do this so the steam doesn’t burn you.
- Open the pressure cooker lid and take out the pork chops. Plate them with some of the honey-garlic glaze poured over the top.
I like to serve these pork chops over mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower with a salad to balance out the meal. I keep the sauce on the side in a gravy boat and let everyone add as much as they like to their plates.
If you want your glaze thicker, you can make a cornstarch slurry and add it to the saucepan while the glaze is still boiling.
Every Instant Pot recipe requires liquid, and the chicken stock here, combined with our marinade, is important for the cooking process and keeps the pork chops moist. Make sure your stock covers the chops before sealing to help keep the moisture in the meat.
Before that, you’re going to sear the pork chops on sauté to brown them, which also helps seal in flavor. Don’t forget to deglaze the pan with your stock and get all those brown bits up. YUM!
How long to cook pork chops in Instant Pot
The pressure cooking time will depend on the thickness of your pork chops. The USDA recommended internal temperature is 145 degrees for pork chops, so they can be slightly pink in the middle.
- Boneless thick-cut chops – High Pressure/Manual for 10 minutes
- Boneless pork chops – High Pressure/Manual for 7 minutes
- Bone-in thick-cut chops – High Pressure/Manual for 15 minutes
*Thick-cut chops refer to 3/4-inch or thicker chops.
Let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes before doing a quick release if needed. Rest pork chops about three minutes before slicing or serving.
Can I use frozen pork chops?
If you have frozen pork chops and no time to thaw them, skip searing the pork chops and add 5 minutes to the cooking time above for your style of pork chops. Also, know that the Instant Pot will take longer to pressurize since you’re using frozen meat.
Stock up the next time pork is on sale and make these amazing dinners!
- Perfectly Moist Pork Loin
- Smothered Fried Pork Chops
- Breaded Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make Instant Pot Pork Chop recipes
Instant Pot: This all-in-one cooker is the best thing I’ve put on my countertop! It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, makes rice in minutes, and more!
Medium Saucepan: I don’t know what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day. The glass lid even has strainer sides so I even have a colander for pasta!
*This post originally posted on 05/25/2019.
- In a large ziploc bag add honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic cloves, and vegetable oil and mix to combine.
- Add your boneless pork chops to the bag with honey garlic sauce and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 8 hours.
- When you're ready to cook up the pork chops, turn your Instant Pot on saute and add butter.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade (set aside the marinade), and season each side with salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops in the Instant Pot and sear each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and cover the pork chops in chicken stock.
- Add the lid, move the valve to sealing, and set your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on Manual (high pressure) for 7 minutes.
- While the pork chops are cooking in the Instant Pot, pour the leftover marinade into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and let cool for a honey garlic glaze.
- Let the Instant Pot come to pressure and once the timer is done, let it naturally release for 10 minutes. If there is still pressure at that point, you can quick release the rest.
- Remove pork chops from the cooker and serve warm over rice or mashed potatoes. Pour honey garlic sauce over the pork chops or serve it in a bowl on the side.