Instant Pot Pork Chops with honey garlic glaze are an easy dinner option for busy weeknights that’s ready in less than 30 minutes! Marinade overnight and you’re ready to go!
The dreaded weeknight dinner. You get home from work or from numerous kid drop-offs and pickups and the last thing you want to do is spend all night on dinner. Thank goodness for pressure cooker recipes. I love how much the Instant Pot has saved me from that dreaded routine. Since owning a pressure cooker, I really have tried to figure out how to make all of our favorite dinners using the handy tool. And these Instant Pot Pork Chops are just that – a family favorite turned quick serve using your favorite pressure cooker!
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your INSTANT POT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Now pork chops can be tricky. I love cooking beef roasts in the Instant Pot because the natural fat renders to keep the meat moist and flavorful. So with pork chops, I recommend marinating them for at least 8 hours prior to popping in the Instant Pot with a marinade that includes a little oil to keep the pork chops from getting dry during the cooking process. Then they get topped with a yummy sauce made from the marinade for one of the best Instant Pot pork chops recipes around!!
How to cook pork chops in an electric pressure cooker
- Pop your boneless pork chops in a large ziploc bag and cover with a marinade of honey, garlic, sweet chili sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, and vegetable oil. Let pork chops marinate for at least 8 hours or during the day.
- When you’re ready to cook up the pork chops, turn your Instant Pot on saute and add butter.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade (set aside) season and sear each side in the Instant Pot (about 4 minutes per side). This helps seal in the flavor and moisture.
- Turn the Instant Pot off, cover the pork chops in chicken stock.
- Add the lid, move the valve to sealing and set your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on Manual (high pressure) for 7 minutes.
- While the pork chops are cooking in the Instant Pot, pour the leftover marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and now you have a delicious honey garlic glaze.
- Let it come to pressure and once the timer is done, let it naturally release for 10 minutes; if there is still pressure at that point, you can quick release the rest.
How long to Cook pork chops in Instant Pot
First, you’re going to sear the pork chops on the Saute setting to brown them and help seal in the flavor. Use stock to deglaze the pan and get all those brown bits up. YUM!
- Boneless thick cut chops – High Pressure/Manual for 10 minutes
- Boneless pork chops – High Pressure/Manual for 7 minutes
- Bone-in thick cut chops – High Pressure/Manual for 15 minutes
**Thick cut chops refer to 3/4-inch or thicker chops.
Let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes before doing a quick release if needed.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops
If you have frozen pork chops, skip searing the pork chops and add 5 minutes to the cooking time above for your style of pork chops. Also, know that the Instant Pot will take longer to pressurize since you’re using frozen meat.
Stock up the next time pork is on sale and make these amazing dinners!
- Perfectly Moist Pork Loin
- Smothered Fried Pork Chops
- Pork Chop Marinade
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Instant Pot Pork Chops recipe
Instant Pot: This all-in-one cooker is the best thing I’ve put on my countertop! It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, makes rice in minutes, and more!
Medium Saucepan: I don’t know what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day. The glass lid even has strainer sides so I even have a colander for pasta!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- In a large ziploc bag add honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic cloves, and vegetable oil and mix to combine.
- Add your boneless pork chops to the bag with honey garlic sauce and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 8 hours.
- When you're ready to cook up the pork chops, turn your Instant Pot on saute and add butter.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade (set aside the marinade), and season each side with salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops in the Instant Pot and sear each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and cover the pork chops in chicken stock.
- Add the lid, move the valve to sealing, and set your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on Manual (high pressure) for 7 minutes.
- While the pork chops are cooking in the Instant Pot, pour the leftover marinade into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and let cool for a honey garlic glaze.
- Let the Instant Pot come to pressure and once the timer is done, let it naturally release for 10 minutes. If there is still pressure at that point, you can quick release the rest.
- Remove pork chops from the cooker and serve warm over rice or mashed potatoes. Pour honey garlic sauce over the pork chops or serve it in a bowl on the side.