A quick and easy recipe for Crock Pot Pulled Pork! This recipe only needs a few ingredients that you can toss into your slow cooker for a simple and flavorful meal!
My husband loves pork chop recipes and so do I, but I can only make them so often! That’s when I make Crock Pot Pulled Pork! It’s a simple to make slow cooker dinner that’s perfect for any party, potluck, or picnic! Made with only a handful of ingredients, it’s so simple to just toss everything together and let your slow cooker handle the rest! This pulled pork crock pot recipe is the perfect blend of tangy and sweet, made with your favorite BBQ sauce and a handful of other key ingredients, and it’s perfect when served in a fluffy hamburger bun for cookouts!
CROCK POT PULLED PORK
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I love Barbecue!! But even more than I enjoy grilled BBQ foods, I love easy, savory, flavorful BBQ that can be made with minimal effort — just like this crock pot pulled pork recipe that I’m sharing today.
In preparation for the warm weather that’s just around the corner, I’ve been on BBQ-overdrive and even recently shared my own version of Crock Pot BBQ Chicken, so it was a no-brainer that Pulled Pork was the quintessential BBQ must-have that I needed to tackle next!
How do you cook pulled pork in the crock pot
- Combine the pork loin, some chopped onion, a sprinkling of seasoning from salt, and pepper, and a cup of Dr. Pepper soda (yes, trust me on this one!) in the basin of a slow cooker
- Cook for several hours (time will vary depending on whether you cook on low or high — more on that in the recipe below).
- Remove the pork, drain the excess liquid, and shred the meat.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s), a handful of dark brown sugar, a dash of Tabasco sauce, and a sprinkle of seasonings. It’s as simple as that!
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork tastes great served on a fluffy hamburger bun beside your other favorite BBQ side dishes (such as potato salad or my favorite Deviled Eggs!), and I love how everything can be thrown together in the morning for a flavorful dish that is certain to satisfy.
Want more of our favorite pork recipes?
- Perfectly Moist Pork Loin
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork
- Caramelized Onion and BBQ Pork Flatbread
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Peach Sauce
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Bear Claws: These are great for shredding meat and lifting roasts or whole birds from the pan!
- Combine pork, chopped onion, Dr. Pepper, salt, and pepper in the basin of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Remove Pork from the basin of your slow cooker and drain excess liquid. Return pork to slow cooker and use two forks to shred well.
- Add BBQ sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and Tabasco sauce, if using, and stir ingredients well.
- Cover and cook on low another 30 minutes.
- Stir well and serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!