Garlic Butter Pork Chops are an easy one-pan dinner with a delicious mushroom-onion mixture and a hint of lemon to brighten all the flavors! Pork chop recipes are perfect for a low-carb family dinner!
We are a big pork eating family! We love making pork tenderloin in the oven but sometimes I want a fast recipe that the entire family will love! Today’s recipe, these garlic butter pork chops, are an easy one-pan dish with BIG flavors that are perfect for this busy time of year! The garlicky pork chops are seared alongside onions and mushrooms, topped with lemon zest and butter and then finished in the covered pan. A squeeze of lemon juice before serving helps to brighten the flavors. It also adds some freshness to balance out all the delicious richness of the dish. And you’ll love how the butter melts all over top of each pork chop and then drips into the pan to help caramelize the mushrooms and onions. They get dark and tender and just crazy delicious! Pork chop recipes are some of my favorites for fast family dinners that don’t need a lot of work!
GARLIC BUTTER PORK CHOPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
We love serving these pork chops with some of my 10-minute microwave baked potatoes and either some steamed asparagus or creamed spinach. It makes for a really quick and easy meal for a weeknight dinner. These would also be great served on top of mashed potatoes or creamy polenta if you’ve got a bit more time. I also love serving baked apples with pork chop recipes!
I wrote the recipe below for 4 but you can easily halve it for 2 people, as I did here for a little date night dinner for my husband and I. Crack open a bottle of wine and you’re set! If you love pork chop recipes as much as we do for a quick and easy dinner, be sure to check out my crunchy baked pork chops.
Want more pork chop recipes?
- Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- Lemon & Onion Barbecue Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Peach Sauce
- Breaded Pork Chops
- Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Garlic Butter Pork Chops recipe
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion diced small
- 8 oz. package white button mushrooms chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 boneless skinless pork chops, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Move the veggies to the side of the pan.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Add pork chops to the center of the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, until well browned. Turn over and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Zest the lemon and top each pork chop with lemon zest and a 1/2 tablespoon pat of butter.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature and remove from heat when pork has reached an internal temp of 150.
- Let the pork chops rest for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over pork chops and serve with mushroom and onion mixture on top.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!