Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Peach Sauce is everything that a good pork dish needs to be. Tender meat with a sweet and savory sauce! It will easily be a family favorite.
Back to School season is here!!!! My kids head back to school in two weeks and I can’t wait. There is a part of me that wishes we had more time to explore Oregon but there is an even bigger part of me that wants to catch up on work, reduce the size of the laundry mountain that has been growing all summer, and drink coffee in quiet. Awwww, quiet. To get any right now I’ve been staying up till the wee hours of the night and let me tell you I’m not a night person. It just seems like the only time I can get any work done. As school starts back up I love to pull out my best crock pot recipes for dinners. I like to get dinner started and cooking when I don’t have anyone running around asking me the same question twenty times. Plus, you can’t beat smelling dinner coming from the kitchen all day long!
This Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Peach Sauce is everything that I love in a pork dish. I always have to have some kind of a sweet sauce or side when I serve pork. A favorite are these baked apples when I make a pork roast but this peach sauce is different. It has a sweet and savory thing happening all on it’s own. It’s not as sweet as you might think being that it’s made with a lot of peaches but it’s also got a lot of the pork cooking liquid in there so it’s a cross between a sauce and a gravy. I also need to have tender pork and these pork chops delivered. There’s no need for a knife with these. They’re fork tender and make me so happy. I served them with a big pile of buttery rice and a salad and dinner was done! I can see this dish coming back to my kitchen very shortly!
If you make this for your family this Back to School season take a quick pick on Instagram and tag it #RHfood so we can see too! 🙂
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary.
- heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt, garlic powder and pepper
- once oil is HOT place pork chops in skillet and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until browned
- pork will not be done cooking but remove to a plate
- turn down heat to medium and add onions and garlic stirring to remove any brown bits from the bottom of the pan
- pour onion and garlic into the bowl of a slow cooker
- place the pork chops on top of the onions in a single layer and top with peaches
- combine ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper
- pour over pork chops and peaches in the slow cooker
- lay the sprigs of rosemary on top of the sauce and put the lid on the slow cooker
- cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours
- carefully remove the pork chops to a plate (Meat will want to fall off of the bone. Be sure to remove it from the cooking liquid if it does)
- remove leaves from the rosemary sticks
- add leaves to cooking liquid and throw away the stick
- pour peaches and cooking liquid into a blender and puree
- pour peach sauce over pork chops when you serve
We teamed up with some great bloggers to bring you lots of back to school ideas! Make sure to check them out for inspiration.
Not only are we teaming up with other bloggers to bring you Back to School ideas but also a GIVEAWAY!!!! Awesome, huh? Enter for your chance to win an awesome cash prize and as an added bonus 4 spice packs and more from Urban Accents!!! How awesome is that? You can check them out at your local grocery store, Costcos in the Midwest and online at UrbanAccents.com.