This truly is the Best EVER Potato Salad! Bacon helps to take this dish up a level while the fresh parsley helps to keep it from getting to heavy.
I looked at a calendar today and realized that Memorial Day is this weekend!!!!!! What?!?!?! Didn’t we just celebrate Christmas? J.K. I’m not that bad. 🙂 I DID think that I had another entire week though! In Arizona the kids get out of school the week before Memorial Day, so I always had a big build up to the day. Now that we’re in Oregon they don’t get out until the middle of June and it just snuck up on me. My oldest little monkey had the world’s longest summer last year with our move. He got out in May and then didn’t go back until September.
Real Housemoms TV
Memorial Day absolutely means barbecues no matter where you are! Barbecues call for more than just grilled meats, there have to be incredible sides, appetizers and drinks too! There are some sides that just have to be there and potato salad is one of them. It’s just so good! There are so many great recipes for potato salad. Some come from friends and others have been in our family for years. This is a recipe that has all of my favorite elements of potato salad. There’s bacon, egg and fresh celery and parsley. Not only is this the best tasting potato salad but it’s so great for entertaining because it makes a lot and it can be made the day before. In fact, it tastes best when it IS made the day before! This year make this for your Memorial Day celebration with friends and family and you’ll have everyone asking for YOUR recipe!
- 3 1/2 lbs. potatoes 1/2 inch cube
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 cup crispy thick cut bacon chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 sour cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp ground mustard powder
- place chopped potatoes in a large pot and place eggs on top
- cover with cold water, cover and bring to a boil
- allow to cook until the potatoes are fork tender (be sure not to over cook and end up with mushy potatoes)
- using tongs or a slotted spoon remove eggs from the pot and drain the water from the potatoes
- run cold water over the potatoes while in the stainer
- place potatoes into a large mixing bowl
- chop the hard boiled eggs and place in with the potatoes
- add celery, green onion, bacon, and parsley (reserving some of the parsley for garnish)
- in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard powder
- pour the mixture over top of the potatoes and carefully mix
- refrigerate until ready to serve
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!