Growing up my Mom used to make these Bacon Chicken Pinwheels for us! They’re so yummy but of course I’d love it, right? I mean bacon. BACON! If you’ve read our blog in the past you know we LOVE bacon. When you roll it in chicken it makes it healthy, right? Just kidding but seriously great.
I realized today that I’ve never made it for my kids or husband before and I don’t think my Mom has ever made it for them either. So, a little about my oldest son Hayden. He looks like a little mini me version of my husband except that he got my blonde hair instead of my husband’s red. Other than that, he is my husband, even in his personality. He did, however, inherit my
addiction love of chocolate and bacon. He would eat as much as he could if you left him alone. He also loves when I make chicken for dinner, so now you can see why I was in shock when I realized I have never made this for him.
He was so happy that I got an even bigger kiss and hug after dinner. I’m a sucker for a kiss and hug from my kids. 🙂
Give this recipe a try. It’s only 5 ingredients and pulls together so fast but looks and tastes like a special occasion dinner. Let us know if you end up with extra big kisses and hugs after you serve it. 🙂
More delicious recipes with chicken and bacon!
- Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon & Tater Tot Bake
- Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Ziti
- More dinner recipes…
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 slices of thick pepper bacon
- 2 T of olive oil
- 2 t dried thyme
- 1 t garlic powder
- toothpicks soaked in water
- slice your chicken breast into 1 inch thick slices
- slightly cook your bacon. (not to a crisp just to a little color)
- divide your chicken strips into four equal amounts
- lay a strip of bacon on top of a chicken slice and roll up with the bacon on the inside. You will probably use 2-3 strips of chicken and 2 slices of bacon
- use your toothpicks to hold together
- drizzle the olive oil over the tops and bottom and sprinkle with thyme and garlic powder
- grill over med heat until chicken is completely cooked, usually 5 minutes on each side. (this depends on each grill so be sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving.