I LOVE fries, all kinds of fries. I love that there is so much you can do with a french fry. You can get them well done, sprinkled with salt, pepper and sugar, dipped in garlic mayo, or animal style (if you have an In ‘n Out near you). I love sweet potatoes and the fact that you have the option of the sweet and savory with these fries.
This recipe doesn’t have to be a fry. They are oven baked so you could chose to cut them into cubes versus a stick (which happens all the time in my house) but there are times when you are having burgers and a fry just sounds right.
These are great because you get the sweet potato and rosemary flavor combo that is killer. It reminds me of a fry version of my Mom’s Liz’s Candied Carrots I posted before Easter. Soooo good. Give them a shot, you’ll be making them all summer!
- preheat oven and baking sheet to 425 degrees
- peel sweet potatoes and slice into thin fries
- add potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a large bowl and toss to coat all the potatoes
- once preheated spray baking sheet with cooking spray and add potatoes in an even layer
- cook for 10 min and flip with spatula
- cook another 5 min and start to check
- **total cook time will depend on how thin your fries are. they will be starting to brown and soft, I check every 2-5 min until done
- once they are done cooking remove from oven and drizzle honey over top and sprinkle with rosemary
- serve and enjoy!