This Summer Harvest Salad in a Jar is loaded with fresh fruit, feta cheese, almonds, sunflower seeds, and a light honey orange vinaigrette. Perfect for summer picnics or a delicious on the go lunch!
So….have you had your first summer picnic yet? If not, don’t feel bad. Neither have I! We’ve been holding out for the end of the school year, and even more importantly, nicer weather! The end of the school year is now just over a week away…..and the nicer weather? Well, who knows. But once summer break is officially here, you better believe we’ll be picnicking with the best of them!
There’s something about picnics that always feels special, and I love loading them up with all kinds of kid-friendly fruits and snacks and sandwiches. But here’s the thing. If I’m going to hang out at the park with kids for a few hours, I want MY lunch to be amazing! (No pb&j for this mom!)
I’m a self-proclaimed salad fanatic, but as you may know from experience, taking a salad on the go is not always the most convenient option. Unless you make salad in a jar! It really is a genius invention – perfect for all your summer picnics and anywhere else you might find yourself in the middle of a long summer with kids. Even if it’s just your own backyard!
Find more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Side Dish pin board!
- 1 1/2 c. mixed greens packed
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1/2 c. mandarin oranges reserve juice
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 1.5 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1.5 Tbsp. sunflower seeds unsalted
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a small jar and shaking well to combine.
- Pour 2 Tbsp.dressing into bottom of a medium sized mason jar.
- Add mandarin oranges, then blueberries, one layer at a time.
- Add feta cheese, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Add lettuce on top.
- *Salad can be stored, covered, in refrigerator until ready to use.
You might also enjoy these summer salad recipes!