This Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is not just another salad. My secret tip for this recipe is that the gorgeous honey mustard dressing does double duty as both a slather for the chicken and the dressing for the salad!
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
If I’m going to have a salad as a meal, it’s got to be a giant salad. There is quite simply no in between. It’s either a simple side salad for a quick midweek meal, or it’s a giant salad that’s a meal in itself.
This Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is the latter. 🙂
Have you ever noticed that fully loaded salads have a lot of components? Actually, sometimes salads are very fiddly to prepare, with loads of chopping, preparing a separate seasoning for the chicken then the dressing, and then the garnishes.
No wonder we don’t eat salads as often as we should! They are either boring, or they take so much effort to make, we don’t bother.
So my little trick with this recipe is that the Honey Mustard Dressing does double duty as both a rub for the chicken and as the dressing for the salad. Plus, the honey in the sauce creates the most gorgeous deep golden crust on the chicken, creating even more flavor!!
Use the salads and vegetables I’ve used in this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad recipe just as a guide. This recipe is more about the honey mustard sauce and how it’s used for both the chicken and as a dressing for the chicken. The other night, I had this with arugula, shavings of parmesan and croutons then topped with the chicken and drizzled with the dressing. Crusty roll on the side and dinner was on the table in around 15 minutes. It was terrific!
I make this with honey but you can substitute with maple syrup. The beautiful woody tones of a good maple syrup are stunning in this sauce.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tbsp EACH Dijon mustard honey, cider vinegar, olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt + black pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ tbsp oil
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- 6 Asparagus
- 1/2 half ripe avocado thinly sliced
- 1.5 oz bacon chopped & cooked
- Place Dressing in a jar and shake well.
- Cut chicken in half horizontally, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle 2 tsp of Dressing over chicken.
- Heat a non-stick pan over high heat until smoking. Add asparagus and cook for 3 min or until there are little black bits but still firm. Remove (it will continue cooking in residual heat).
- Add oil to the skillet and cook the chicken about 2 min each side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest 5 min. Slice thickly.
- Place lettuce in bowl, drizzle a bit of dressing over the lettuce and toss. Transfer to serving platter. Top with cherry tomatoes, asparagus, avocado and chicken. Sprinkle with bacon, drizzle over remaining dressing.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!