Chicken Caesar Salad is a crunchy, colorful and refreshing salad with an easy homemade Caesar dressing. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner, you’ll love the bright, fresh flavors and creamy Parmesan in every bite!
For years my go-to when we go out to eat has been Chicken Caesar Salad. It’s a classic combination of flavors that always hits the spot for me. But sometimes I like to treat myself at home and I think I’ve come up with the best chicken caesar salad! Homemade Caesar salad dressing, grilled chicken, and fresh ingredients make this simple salad a winner at dinner time. It’s definitely one of my favorite grilled chicken salad recipes any time of year.
CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’m still pinching myself that school is out and summertime is in! We’ve been soaking in the sun, running around the backyard and getting to the pool as often as possible in the afternoons and on weekends. My oldest (age 7) is a great swimmer and her younger brother (who turns 5 this summer) has finally gotten the hang of it, so that means pool time is more relaxing for us adults too. They can be much more independent so we get a chance to chat and hang out with friends. And at the end of a long, hot afternoon, the last thing I want to do is cook a big, fussy meal.
What is Chicken Caesar Salad
- The classic Cesar salad is romaine lettuce that’s been chopped tossed with Caesar salad dressing, parmesan, and croutons.
- This Chicken Ceasar Salad recipe add tomatoes for a fresh burst of flavor and color, lemon zest, and grilled chicken to turn a side salad into a fantastic dinner salad!
- Bonus: This grilled chicken ceasar salad recipe is a totally win with the family.
This Chicken Caesar Salad recipe is just the fresh, crunchy, delicious kind of dinner I’m craving – especially because it comes together so easily and doesn’t involve the oven. That’s right, we’re making grilled chicken caesar salad. But if you prefer, you can roast your chicken in the oven or use a grill pan.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- There are generally two schools of thought around Caesar salad dressing ingredients – with and without anchovies.
- Some people love the salty briny flavor the little fishes add to the dressing, heck they even put them on their salad! Others, would rather pass on the addition and add a little salt instead.
- I’ve had Ceasar salad dressing both ways, and I think really it up to your preference. This recipe doesn’t use anchovies and is an easy starter dressing to figure out what you like.
Spoiler alert: I use a cheater’s version of Caesar dressing that I also use in my seared romaine with cheater Caesar’s dressing – another great summer recipe! It’s really easy to make and doesn’t require anchovies, which I never have. (You could also substitute a store-bought Caesar dressing if you prefer – I won’t tell!)
Caesar Dressing Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
How is Caesar Dressing Made
- For this dressing recipe, I shake everything up in a mason jar.
- You can also use a food processor or blender to mix the ingredients together, and then slowly pour in the olive oil to fully emulsify the dressing.
This Chicken Caesar Salad would also make a great lunch! You could prep everything ahead and just be ready to assemble and dress the salad at home or work. I bet you could even layer it as a mason jar salad. I hope you give it a try and I hope you have lots of happy, sunny summer evenings stretched out in front of you! And if you’re looking for more summer salad goodness? Check out my Mediterranean Chopped Salad, creamy skillet Pesto Chicken, and or super yummy Southwestern Mason Jar Salad!
Want more of my favorite salad recipes?
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Italian Chop Salad
- Spinach Salad with Warm Maple Bacon Dressing
- Grilled Barbecue Chicken Salad
- Classic Cobb Salad
- BLT Salad
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Chicken Caesar Salad recipe
Baking Dish: This baking dish is a must-have for any home cook. I actually have 3 of them in my cupboard, and each dish comes with a lid for storing leftovers or taking your dishes on the go.
Mason Jar: Mason jars are great for storing everything from salad dressing and coffee creamers to overnight oats and all kinds of delicious make ahead dishes!
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Salad Bowl: This wooden salad bowl is a gorgeous addition to any dinner table. I’ve had mine for years and love it!
For the chicken:
For the salad:
- 8 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup croutons
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shaved
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper. Grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. (Alternatively, you can roast the chicken in the oven at 375 for 25-30 minutes, until it’s cooked through to an internal temperature of 165.)
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a large jar then cover and shake well to combine.
- To assemble the salad, divide the lettuce, tomatoes and grilled chicken onto four plates or bowls for serving. Top with the croutons and shaved Parmesan and drizzle with the Caesar dressing.