Easy Wedge Salad needs just a few fresh ingredients to make the perfect salad at home! Have it with soup for a light lunch or before your favorite meal!
Are you a fan of salads? I love them! They are the perfect light recipe during summer. They can be your main meal or even a tasty side dish, and a fresh wedge salad is no exception. I love the crunch of a good wedge salad with all its tasty toppings to go along with. And while I love to order an iceberg wedge salad when I’m dining out, it’s also the perfect fool-proof salad to make at home! I love to serve it with our favorite chicken recipes during the week. We even have a wedge salad bar some nights so everyone can add their favorite toppings and dressing!
EASY WEDGE SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I love enjoying salads during the Summer! They’re so light and delicious, perfect for lunch. And I have to say wedge salads are probably my number one go-to these days. Crisp and crunchy, they’re so easy to put together and I love the combo of bacon, tomato, onion and blue cheese. It just doesn’t get better than that!
What is a wedge salad
- This simple salad is a wedge (one-quarter head) of iceberg lettuce. It’s usually topped with blue cheese dressing, crispy bacon, and blue cheese crumbles. You can add other toppings to your liking including red onion, tomato, and avocado.
And what I love even more about wedge salads? They’re fool-proof. That’s right, you just cut your lettuce into wedges, then top them with delicious toppings and your favorite blue cheese dressing and it’s ready to go. But because they are just a few simple ingredients, you do want to be sure you’re picking the best produce you can find to really get the bang for your buck with this super salad.
How to make a wedge salad
- Remove the stem from a head of iceberg lettuce, and then cut into four equal wedges.
- Cook bacon until crispy and crumbled once cooled. Chop tomato and red onion.
- Drizzle creamy blue cheese dressing on top of lettuce. (This helps the toppings stick.)
- Top each wedge with tomato, red onion, crumbled bacon and blue cheese crumbles.
Seriously, it’s that easy! And you’ll be surprised at how amazing it tastes once you dive in. If you love easy salads like this, you’ll also enjoy our Black Bean Salsa Salad and our even our Tortellini Pasta Salad!
Want more fabulous salad recipes?
- Chicken Ceasar Salad
- Classic Cobb Salad
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Italian Chop Salad
- Strawberry & Goat Cheese Spinach Salad
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Easy Wedge Salad recipe
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- Remove stem from the head of iceberg lettuce. Cut the lettuce head into four equal wedges. Lay each wedge on its "back" on the plate, so the light-colored center of the lettuce points up.
- Cook bacon until crispy, and crumble once cool enough to handle. Chop your tomato and red onion.
- Drizzle creamy blue cheese dressing on top of each lettuce wedge. (If you do this first it helps the toppings stick.)
- Top each wedge with tomato, red onion, crumbled bacon and blue cheese crumbles. Serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!