Super Thick and Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing is a rich and versatile salad dressing perfect for dipping veggies, wings, or topping salads!
This yummy Blue Cheese Dressing whips up in less than 10 minutes and makes everything you dip in it 100 times more delicious! All you need is Greek yogurt, mayo, Gorgonzola cheese, and a few spices, and you’re ready to take all your veggies and wings to the next level!
Everything’s better with cheese
It doesn’t matter what kind of cheese it is. It just makes everything better! Blue Cheese dressing is that perfect combination of creamy and tangy and it brings so much flavor to whatever we put it on, not to mention cutting down the heat from the spicy wings we love. I love how fast I can mix this dressing up and keep it on hand to enjoy throughout the week!
Not everyone is a fan of blue cheese dressing, and even though we know they’re wrong, it’s nice to cover your bases with Homemade Ranch Dressing or Quick and Easy Italian Dressing to ensure everyone has something good.
Other Recipes to Serve with Recipe Title
- A beautiful, Easy Wedge Salad is a great way to enjoy blue cheese dressing! The salad and the dressing are simple to prepare and make a great lunch.
- You know blue cheese dressing and Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings are best friends, and you can’t have one without the other!
Dairy: To make this dressing, you will need Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and milk. You can use low-fat or nonfat Greek yogurt and milk.
Blue Cheese: Gorgonzola blue cheese is a great, mild cheese, but you could also pick up Stilton or Roquefort blue cheese for a stronger flavor. Blue cheese is easy to crumble, so you can choose either crumbled or wedges.
Seasoning: For this recipe, you will need Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Blue Cheese Dressing
STEP ONE: Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
STEP TWO: Cover the bowl tightly in plastic wrap or transfer the dressing to a jar and cover it with the lid.
STEP THREE: The dressing can be enjoyed immediately, but it’s best to let it rest in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavors develop.
Tips for Success
- With the flavorful blue cheese and seasonings, it is easy to use lower-fat options for milk and yogurt. You could also choose low-fat or nonfat mayo for this recipe, but they tend to taste noticeably different than regular mayo and may change the taste of the dressing a bit, depending on the brand.
- Crumbling blue cheese by hand is really easy, so don’t be intimidated by the wedges if that’s all you can find! Even if your pre-crumbled cheese comes in big chunks, it is easy to crumble to a size you typically like in your dressing.
- This dressing stores well in an airtight container or jar for up to two weeks, but it is not recommended for freezing.
Is Ranch dressing the same as Blue Cheese dressing?
Ranch and Blue Cheese dressings are incredibly creamy and delicious, but Ranch dressing is way more popular! These dressings may have many ingredients in common, but they are still totally different, as any dressing aficionado will tell you.
Ranch dressing gets a lot of its flavors from spices like chives, dill, parsley, and more, but the flavor punch in Blue Cheese dressing comes right from the blue cheese itself. That funky, specially grown mold is the absolute star of the dressing, unlike Ranch, which relies on many ingredients.
Is there more than one kind of blue cheese?
There are a few varieties of blue cheese sold in the United States, and the three most common are Gorgonzola, Stilton, and Roquefort. Gorgonzola is used in this recipe because it is the mildest of the three and is a popular, spreadable cheese for adding to cheese boards or mixing into pasta. Stilton is tangier and a little firmer, while Roquefort is the strongest of the three. There are a few American brands of blue cheese as well, so check out what your local store offers and pick up a few to try!
More incredible ways to use blue cheese!
- Blue Cheese Corn Salad
- Bacon Blue Cheese Kale Salad
- Grilled Bacon and Blue Cheese Pizza
- Classic Cobb Salad
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cups
*This post originally posted on 07/10/2014.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until well combined.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or transfer to a mason jar and cover with the lid. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.