Creamy Blue Cheese Corn Salad is the ultimate summer side dish! Serve it up at your next barbecue & your guests will beg you for the recipe!
Blue Cheese Corn Salad is where it is AT this summer. This cool and creamy salad doesn’t even require any cooking or time in a hot kitchen! Throw everything together and you’re ready to go.
The tang and salt of the cheese pairs nicely with the sweetness of the corn and the creaminess of the sour cream, a great balance of flavors that everyone will enjoy! In our house, we love to pair this corn salad recipe with my favorite pork chop recipes – the combo of the sweet corn with garlicky pork… it’s summertime dinner perfection!
BLUE CHEESE CORN SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I am a sucker for a good, cold salad. Whether it’s a pesto pasta salad, an elevated egg salad, or this delicious corn and blue cheese salad, I am GOBBLING it down. There’s something that’s just so perfect about a cold, fresh salad on a hot summer day.
Cold salads pair beautifully with anything grilled because they offer a great temperature contrast from the hot meat from the grill. This corn salad recipe is particularly delicious because it’s dressed in a mixture of creamy sour cream, tart lime juice, and tangy blue cheese crumbles. It’s the PERFECT side for your favorite spicy dishes because it helps cool your mouth down with it’s delicious flavors and creamy smoothness!
Corn blue cheese salad is probably my number 1 favorite summer side dish recipe because it couldn’t be ANY easier. Just dump all your ingredients into a bowl, give them a stir, and you’re ready to go. You can even make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator! Corn salad is summertime simplicity at its absolute best.
Corn – in the summer, we are usually SUPER busy, so any simple yet delicious recipes are winners in my book. When making this corn salad recipe I take the easy route and use 2 cans of whole kernel corn. No cooking involved!
If you’re in the mood for a fresh corn salad, you can absolutely cook your own corn and cut the corn from the cob. Either method is equally delicious! I love grilled corn for this recipe, but boiling works well too.
Blue Cheese – obviously, a blue cheese corn salad is going to need some blue cheese! I love the tanginess that the blue cheese crumbles give to this corn salad!
Sour Cream – the dressing for this delicious corn salad is a flavorful mixture based around 1/4 cup of sour cream. We like using the full-fat stuff here, because, why not…. but if you’re a light sour cream fan, it works great too!
How to make Corn Salad
Like I mentioned earlier, this recipe is literally one of the easiest summer salad recipes EVER. Just chop, mix, and serve!
- Start by combining the wet ingredients: grab a small bowl and mix together the sour cream, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Next, it’s time to mix the veggies (and blue cheese)! Grab your large mixing bowl and gently combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the vegetables and fold them together gently. You don’t want to really STIR the salad because you want your corn to stay intact and not become mushy. Instead, mix the ingredients from the bottom to the top and repeat until it’s all combined well!
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re making this corn salad recipe to serve right away, then you’re good to go now! If you’re not planning on eating it until later, go ahead and cover it with plastic wrap and pop it into the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Just make sure you give it a quick little mix to get everything reincorporated when you take it out of the fridge!
What goes with Corn Salad?
We LOVE pairing blue cheese corn salad with anything off the grill. There’s just a great texture, temperature, and flavor contrast that they give. We especially love cooking up some Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken when we’re craving corn salad. The lime from the chicken and the lime juice in the corn salad is perfect!
If you’re into a more bbq flavor profile to go with your corn and blue cheese salad, make some Grilled Ribs or Grilled BBQ Pork Roast! You really can’t go wrong when pairing corn salad with something grilled.
Need more summertime side dish inspiration?
- Cowboy Caviar
- Mexican Street Corn
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Citrus Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Parmesan Cilantro Corn
- more SIDE DISH recipes…
Tools used to make Blue Cheese Corn Salad
Nesting Mixing Bowls: this set of nesting mixing bowls is practical enough to prep in but also cute enough to serve in!
Sharp Knives: there’s nothing worse than chopping onions with a dull knife. A good kitchen needs a sharp set of knives!
- 30.5 ounces canned whole kernel corn (2 cans), drained
- 1 medium white onion peeled and diced
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add sour cream, lime juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the corn, blue cheese, onion, green onion, and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the vegetables and fold everything together until coated. Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve immediately topped with more blue cheese crumbles and chopped parsley.