Take this year’s sweet corn crop to the next level with this flavorful Mexican Street Corn!
You guys, this is pretty much my favorite time of the year. Not simply because it’s fall, but because it’s corn season! Growing up in rural Minnesota, I would always get excited this time of year as the sweet corn crops were brought in and the delicious harvests were found on almost every corner in town, on the backs of trucks, in big barrels and with handwritten signs telling you that this place is the best place to get it. It was all good.
Real Housemoms TV
I’ve come a long way from my Chuckwagon days, eating piles of butter-slathered corn cobs under giant tents on the law of a local church. These days I’m eating Mexican Street Corn, and the flavor explosion it involves is just magnificent!
Mexican street corn is really simple to make. Instead of boiling the corn, you put it on the grill instead. Let it get nice and hot and a little bit charred. It has a real pleasing crunchiness to it when you bite down, as opposed to softness of boiling. Then you simply slather each cob with a mixture of butter and mayo, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder, and top with some crumbled queso fresco and voila! Soooooo easy.
Join the dark side of the corn world. It’s awesome over here. I promise.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Side Dish pin board!
- 8 Ears of Corn husks and silk removed
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 C Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/3 C Queso Fresco crumbled
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Place the corn cobs on a rack about 4 inches above the fire, and allow to cook until it starts to char, around 5 minutes. Turn and continue charring until all sides are slightly blackened.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and lime juice, set aside.
- Remove corn from grill, then rub each with about 1 teaspoon of butter. Take the lime mayo and rub each cob with roughly 2 teaspoons of the mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, chili powder, then add the crumbled queso fresco. Serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!