Skinny Mexican Street Corn is the perfect side dish for Spring!
One of my favorite recipes on my site is a skinny version of Mexican Grilled Corn. The flavors are fresh, vibrant, and it’s one of my all-time favorite side dishes! It’s not quite grilling season in Missouri, so I wondered if I might be able to make my favorite recipe into a street corn version! It more than worked. This healthier version of a restaurant favorite is SO flavorful, delicious, and fun! The perfect Spring-time side dish!
I made this version a bit spicy by leaving in the jalapeno seeds and mixing in some hot sauce. You can make yours milder by leaving those ingredients out, or spice it up even more if that’s what you like! It’s delicious either way!
We love this as a side dish, and also as a dip! It’s especially great with tortilla chips. Don’t blame me if you are become addicted and want this at every meal. It happens to the best of us!
- 2 - 10 ounce bags steam fresh frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice from one lime about 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 ounces low fat feta cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (leave the seeds in for extra spice!)
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons franks redhot sauce or your favorite wing sauce
- Prepare corn according to package instructions.
- Once corn is steamed/dethawed, heat in a large skillet on medium high heat with the olive oil. I cooked it for about 7-8 minutes until it was slightly browned.
- Take corn off of heat and toss with all other ingredients.
- Serve as side dish or as a dip with tortilla chips!
- Serve immediately and refrigerate remainder for up to 3-5 days.
Please be sure to check out these other favorite Spring recipes!