I love egg salad and have tried many variations, but I created one yesterday that has become one of my new favorites. I could easily eat it every week! We had such a busy and fun-filled weekend, that my kids did not color eggs until Easter night. There were a lot of eggs, so I made an incredibly tasty Jalapeno, Caper, and Avocado Egg Salad using some of the leftover hard boiled eggs and a lot of super yummy ingredients that I already had at home. I ate the egg salad on top of large slices of tomato and I loved the combination. It was great having some crunch and salt in each bite! I enjoyed the salad as a lunch, but it would also work great as a side dish and at any party, especially in the spring and summer.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp capers drained
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 5 green olives chopped
- optional-slices of large tomato
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and lemon juice and set aside
- Peel hard boiled eggs and chop into small pieces (I removed the yolks from two of the eggs)
- In a bowl, combine eggs with the remaining ingredients
- Add mayonnaise mixture and stir until well combined
- Optional-serve on slices of tomato
Real Housemoms TV
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!