EASY RED VELVET FUDGE a holiday must have for your family and friends, but trust me, make a batch just for yourself and sing “Merry Christmas to me” while stuffing your face! I may or may not have done this. And guess what the secret to this fudge is? You make in the microwave. That’s right, I said easy.
I love fudge. I mean come on its chocolate who wouldn’t just love it. With nuts, marshmallows, mints or sprinkles, really I will take it any way I can. And nothing says the holidays like anything red velvet? Am I right? The bright, rich red color adds holiday cheer to every dessert plate. Add a white chocolate drizzle or a cream cheese frosting drizzle and you are set.
Traditionally red velvet has a cream cheese frosting. And so that is when I thought adding a cream cheese drizzle over the fudge would be fantastic. You can easily just use ½ or a ¼ of your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe, just depending on how much of the cream cheese aspect you want. But to make it easy I added a white chocolate drizzle to the fudge that we delivered for holiday treat plates.
Seriously my most favorite time of year is here and it is all comes down to baking, caroling and spending time with family and friends and you can bet that this fudge will make a weekly appearance.
Cheers to sugar rushes, presents and smiles that bring memories. Happy Holidays!
- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup half & half
- 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce liquid red food coloring
- Prepare an 8 or 9 inch square pan by lining it with two layers or foil and then gently spraying the foil with cooking spray. You can just lightly grease the pan with cooking spray, but trust me the foil trick is so nice when lifting it from the pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl add semi-sweet chocolate chips and food coloring, mix together and set aside.
- In a separate large microwave safe bowl add butter and heat for 1 ½ minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- Next, add sugar and half & half; stir until combined. Place in microwave and heat for 3 minutes. Then vigorously stir to combine, then cook another 2 minutes. Stir well while scraping down sides of bowl. Return to microwave and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir once more and then heat another 2 ½ minutes.
- *TIP* you may want to set the large bowl on a plate in case it boils over while heating. This happens every time and the plate makes less of a mess for me to pick up.
- Immediately remove from microwave, then add marshmallow creme and stir.
- Stir in milk chocolate ships, vanilla, and semi-sweet chocolate chips with red food coloring. Stir until smooth and well combined, no chunks.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan and lift pan and tap on the counter to work out the air bubbles. Cool completely until set. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares. I let mine set for 2-3 hours. Once cut into squares store in an airtight container and set in fridge until ready to eat, serve or package up for friends and family.