This Salted Pretzel & Caramel Fudge couldn’t be more easy to make and with the crushed pretzels and caramel on top, it’s a real show stopper!
Sweet and salty desserts are the best! While I usually gravitate towards a classic salted caramel fudge, today we’re taking things up a notch with some crunchy, salty pretzels to everything off! This fudge is crazy easy to make. I can barely keep it in the house once it’s ready because everyone keeps finding excuses to pass through the kitchen and grab a piece. This caramel fudge recipe is addicting!! I think next time I’m going to try it as a white chocolate fudge recipe and but both the regular Salted Pretzel & Caramel Fudge and the white chocolate version on the same plate at our holiday party!
SALTED PRETZEL & CARAMEL FUDGE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
Fudge. It’s been on my mind since Thanksgiving ended. I’ve never made fudge before. I’m not saying I haven’t made it in a while, I mean, I’ve NEVER made fudge before. I’m not sure why, I’ve eaten plenty of fudge in my time though. I’m not sure what my hang up was. It always seemed time-consuming to me but I really couldn’t have been more wrong. I will try to make a classic batch of fudge sometime and I’m excited to try my friend TJ’s grandma’s recipe but in the meantime, I tried this “foolproof” method out and I’m in love. Let’s just say I was building up my confidence.
Yesterday my husband took the kids out to see a friend because there was no school so I actually had a few hours of kid-free time. At first, I was in a panic trying to figure out what I would do first but after cleaning my kitchen and getting a load of laundry started I busted out the baking supplies and did some more holiday baking. I turned the Christmas music on and got to baking. It even started to snow a bit while I worked. It just felt like Christmas!!!
This fudge combines my favorite things, sweet and salty. When my husband came home he had a piece and he went cross-eyed! Do people ever make weird faces when you try out a new recipe? I wasn’t sure what that face meant but then he let me know that he loved it. Once I told him how I made it he couldn’t believe it! He said that I have to name it Ridiculously Easy Fudge but I couldn’t leave out the pretzels and caramel, right?
Want more caramel recipes?
- Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Salted Caramel & Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Salted Caramel Peanut Pretzel Bars
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Caramel Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Salted Pretzel & Caramel Fudge recipe
Square Baking Pan: A square baking pan is a must have for home cooks. This one has nice sharp edges to make sure your dish fits just right.
Double Boiler: Growing up we’d just set a bowl over boiling water, but having an actual double boiler is SO great when I’m making lots of treats to share with friends and family!
Silicone Spatula: Rubber spatulas are one of those kitchen tools you don’t realize how much you use until they’re all dirty. This set of three spatulas in various sizes and shapes will make cooking everything from dinner to dessert a breeze.
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of salted pretzels crushed with some big pieces
- 11 ounces caramel bits or squares
- 2 tablespoons water
- line an 8 x 8 baking pan with foil or wax paper so that it hangs over the edges
- melt chocolate chips and condensed milk together
- once melted remove from heat and add salt and vanilla
- pour into baking dish and smooth out into an even layer
- sprinkle evenly with 1/2 of crushed pretzels
- press gently into the fudge
- in a small saucepan melt caramel with water until smooth
- pour over fudge and pretzels and spread into an even layer
- sprinkle remaining pretzels over caramel in an even layer
- place in fridge and cool for 2 hours
- remove, cut into 1-inch pieces & enjoy
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!