This Iced Caramel Macchiato recipe is the perfect iced coffee drink! Made with just a few simple ingredients, you’ll quickly discover that you can make this coffee-house quality drink right at home!
As soon as the warm weather hits, a piping-hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning becomes less than appealing. Here in Virginia, the heat index and humidity quickly climb as soon as the sun rises, which means hot morning all through the summer. However, with this simple Iced Caramel Macchiato recipe, you don’t have to forgo your morning coffee as the heat climbs. It’s a fantastic cold, refreshing drink and a great way to start your day!
ICED CARAMEL MACCHIATO
Like it? Pin this post to your DRINK pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Making this delicious Iced Caramel Macchiato is simple. It also tastes just like something you would get at your local coffee house, only without the steep price tag. Here are the simple steps to making this fantastic Iced Caramel Macchiato right at home:
- Make Cold Brew Iced Coffee Cubes – You can purchase cold brew coffee at the supermarket, however, it is very simple to make cold brew at home. (Find my post for making cold brew coffee below.) Once you have your cold brew, simply pour into an ice cube tray, and freeze. I actually keep a resealable plastic bag of these coffee ice cubes in my freezer for quick iced coffee and frappuccino drinks. These coffee cubes are key to not having a watered-down drink.
- Add Caramel Flavored Coffee Syrup to the iced coffee cubes – You can find caramel flavored syrup in your local grocery store, typically in the coffee section. It’s great to have on hand for these fantastic caramel flavored drinks and adds a wonderful sweetness to your coffee. It’s essential for any caramel macchiato!
- Add Cold Brew Coffee – Cold brew coffee is essential for this drink. Not only is it not bitter, but cold brew actually has a wonderful flavor that is often missing in regular drip coffee. I highly recommend making a batch to see for yourself. Simply add about 1/2 cup of cold brew to your glass with the coffee cubes and caramel syrup.
- Add Milk – To the syrup and coffee, top off your drink with cold milk. I used (2%) dairy milk here, but feel free to make this with your preferred milk – it’s also fantastic with almond, cashew or even coconut milk!
- Top with Whipped Cream and Caramel – To make this fantastic Caramel Macchiato just like your favorite coffee shop recipe, add some whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.
It’s such a great treat, and a fantastic way to enjoy your morning coffee, especially when the heat rises. Cheers!
Want more coffee recipes?
- Cinnamon Mocha Iced Coffee
- Irish Cream & Mint Iced Mocha
- White Chocolate Mocha Latte
- Boozy Samoa Latte
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte
- More drink recipes…
Tools used to make this Iced Caramel Macchiato recipe
- Cold Brew Coffee ice cubes
- 1 oz. 1 shot Caramel syrup
- 1/2 c. cold brew coffee
- 1/2 c. cold milk
- whipped cream
- caramel ice cream topping
- In a tall glass, fill half full with coffee ice cubes. Next, add the caramel syrup, cold brew coffee, and milk. Top with your preferred amount of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping. Enjoy right away while cold.
If you loved this easy iced coffee drink, be sure to check out some of Erin’s other fantastic recipes, like these:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!