Skip the coffee shop wait and mix up this insanely delicious Iced Caramel Macchiato at home! It’s so simple and a great anytime pick me up!
Any time of day is the perfect time for a cold and creamy Iced Caramel Macchiato. When it’s so quick to make, you can have one for breakfast and one after lunch! Stock up on cold brew coffee, caramel coffee syrup, and milk, along with sweet whipped cream and caramel sauce for topping, and you’ll be in business to make your dream drink whenever you crave it!
Home Brewed Love
Everyone is obsessed with Caramel Macchiato, and it’s so easy to see why- they are a coffee lovers’ dream with its rich coffee flavor that’s sweetened with caramel and whipped cream! Cold brew ice cubes are great to have on hand too, and are the secret to making this drink fast and tasty. Whether you love to make your own cold brew or pick it up by the gallon at the store, you’ll see how quick it is to make this delicious drink, and you’ll never leave home without one again!
Once you whip up your own Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink or Copycat Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino you may never hit a coffee shop again!
Other Recipes to Serve with Iced Caramel Macchiato
- You deserve a really delicious breakfast to have with that amazing drink, so be sure to grab a slice of Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake Loaf on your way out the door!
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls make for a quick and filling breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up treat- the perfect snack to have with your coffee!
Cold Brew Coffee: You can find cold brew coffee in the coffee aisle, or you can purchase premade cold brew in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. You will need enough to make both the ice cubes and the drink. Plus, having extra cold brew ice cubes on hand is never a bad thing!
Caramel Coffee Syrup: While you’re in the coffee aisle, be sure to pick up a caramel coffee syrup, such as Torani, which is not the same as the dessert topping.
Milk: Milk is needed for this drink, and you can use whatever you have on hand, including plant-based milk.
Toppings: Don’t forget the best part – whipped cream and caramel sauce! You will need both to finish this masterpiece.
How to Make an Iced Caramel Macchiato
STEP ONE: Pour the brewed or bottled cold brew coffee into an ice cube tray or two (depending on how many cubes you want to make) and freeze. Once the cubes are fully frozen, fill a tall glass halfway with the cold brew cubes and pour in the caramel syrup.
STEP TWO: Pour the cold brew coffee and milk over the cubes.
STEP THREE: Top the drink with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce and enjoy immediately.
Tips for Success
- Making the cold brew ice cubes is simple to do, and as they melt, they don’t water down your delicious drink (if it lasts that long!) Regular ice cubes will certainly work as well, just follow the recipe as written and use what ice cubes you have on hand instead of the cold brew cubes.
- Use your favorite milk in this recipe, from 2% to coconut or almond milk, all of the different varieties work well.
- Cold brew can be enjoyed hot or cold, so once you’ve made or purchased your cold brew, you can warm it in the microwave for a toasty beverage on a cold day!
How do I make cold brew coffee at home?
Making your own cold brew at home is a snap, but be warned- you might get even more hooked on coffee after trying this!
To start, pick up a coarse ground coffee, which is not as fine as most ground coffee made for brewing in a coffee maker. Follow the directions on the coffee container about how many tablespoons of coffee per cup of water and add the correct amount of coffee and water to a jar or other sealable container. Place the jar/container in the fridge and let it sit overnight.
The best parts of the coffee will be drawn out into the water, including the caffeine, so the end product will be an almost sweet and not bitter coffee. Strain the cold brew in the morning and pour it into a clean jar or container and keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Can I use a different flavored syrup?
If you’re looking to bring in even more delicious flavors to this macchiato, then chocolate is always a great place to start! Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup, shaved chocolate, or a dusting of cinnamon when topping your drink for an even more decadent twist.
Also, have you seen how many different flavors of coffee syrups there are? Try vanilla, hazelnut, or something seasonal, and discover a whole new drink to love. Mix and match to your heart’s delight and enjoy creating something just for you!
More tasty coffee ideas to make at home
- Cinnamon Mocha Iced Coffee
- White Chocolate Mocha Latte
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Irish Coffee Royal
- Espresso Baileys Cocktail
*This post originally posted on 07/18/2017.
- Cold brew coffee ice cubes (see note)
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ounce caramel syrup
- .25 cup Whipped cream for topping
- 1 tbsp Caramel sauce for topping
- Fill a tall glass halfway with cold brew coffee ice cubes. Then pour in the cold brew coffee, milk, and caramel syrup.
- Top the iced macchiato with whipped cream, and then drizzle caramel sauce over top. Enjoy right away while cold.
- Nutritional information does not include the whipped cream and caramel sauce topping.
- Fill 1-2 ice cube trays with cold brew coffee. Freeze until set. You can leave them in the trays or transfer the cubes to a freeze food storage bag for later.
Use espresso, not cold brew coffee, it tastes much better and is actually how McDonald’s makes it…… with espresso.
Aubrey Cota says
Good to know! Thank you Daniel.
As a coffee lover I cannot pass by without trying out this recipe. It is really tasty and definitely cheaper than getting it from some coffee shop. Thank you so much for sharing.
Aubrey Cota says
Also makes for a nice treat for guests! It’s one of my favs.
Esther Diaz says
Looks so deliciously good! Would really give this a try. I’m more into iced coffees and creating a home-made one will be so fun. Plus, adding a flavored ice will be really more awesome. Anyways, thank you for sharing this!
Aubrey Cota says
It really makes such a difference, watered down coffee is no good. You’ll love it and it makes a great treat for guests too! Thank you Esther.
Laura Smith says
I would try this macchiato out. I think i would really love it. Thanks for sharing this recipe.