This amazing CINNAMON MOCHA ICED COFFEE is made with a deliciously simple cinnamon syrup, cold brew coffee, and topped off with chocolate syrup for an incredible drink that will be your new favorite way to start the day!
Pretty much anytime I walk by a Starbucks I tell myself, “Mmmmm, a nice cold iced coffee would be great right about now.” Inevitably I give into the urge a plunk down my hard earned money for a cold coffee drink. Don’t get me wrong, it is delicious, however, I always feel a little guilty for paying so much for this simple coffee drink.
I decided a while back that I would learn how to make a good iced coffee at home, not only to save myself some cash, but to also see if I could create a better, more flavorful drink! After a bit of trial and error, I discovered that this homemade Cinnamon Mocha Iced Coffee is even better than the one you buy, and best of all, it’s super easy to make, too!
You’ll start by adding come coffee ice cubes to a tall glass. If you’ve never made coffee cubes before, I’m here to tell ya it’s a great way to keep your iced coffee cold without watering down your drink. You make these by simply pouring brewed coffee into an ice cube tray and freezing, just like ice cubes. I pop mine into a resealable bag and keep a stash handy whenever I want to make a quick iced coffee or frappe.
Next, drizzle some chocolate syrup over the coffee cubes into the glass. I typically end up with about a tablespoon of syrup, but add more or less to your liking.
Next, add in a shot of cinnamon syrup. Making your own flavored syrups at home is not only easy (and way cheaper than the bottled stuff), but its made with simple ingredients and no artificial chemicals or flavors.
I made this cinnamon syrup by adding sugar, water and whole cinnamon sticks, and bring to a low simmer over medium heat. I then let it cool completely so the cinnamon sticks steep in the liquid, giving it the most amazing, spicy flavor. From here, pour the liquid into a fine mesh sieve (to remove the cinnamon stick pieces) into a jar or resealable container. This will provide you with a wonderful syrup for more iced coffee drinks in the future, too!
Next, add your cold brew coffee (you can use store-bought or homemade), and then top off with half and half or your choice of milk.
Stir up your coffee and enjoy! You’ll discover that this amazing coffee drink is cool, creamy, chocolaty with a hint of cinnamon spice! Much like Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino, this beverage is even BETTER!!
- ½ c. cold brew coffee (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp. (1 oz.) cinnamon syrup
- ¼ c. half and half
- coffee ice cubes
- 1 c. water
- 1¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- For the Cinnamon Syrup: In a small saucepan, add the water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring the ingredients to a low boil over medium low heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce the liquid slightly. Let cool completely. Strain out the cinnamon sticks by pouring the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve. Transfer the ingredients to a jar or resealable container. Can be used for up to two weeks if refrigerated.
- For the Iced Coffee: In a tall glass, add 6-8 coffee ice cubes. Drizzle the chocolate syrup into the glass and over the coffee cubes. Pour in the cinnamon syrup, cold brew coffee, and top with half and half (or other milk preference.) Enjoy right away.
Cheers to a great start to your day! ~Erin
If you loved this fantastic recipe, check out some of Erin’s other cold coffee drinks, like these:
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!