These Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls are made with pre-made crescent roll dough and with a simple jalapeno popper inspired filling. They take just 15 minutes to assemble and are sure to be a showstopper!
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that you’ve probably had crescent rolls before, right? Those buttery, flaky, Pillsbury crescent rolls were a staple around my grandmother’s dinner table every Sunday, and I’ll admit I was a bit of a fiend for them. I may have been able to eat half a tube on my own in a single sitting… Then I put Easy Veggie Pizza on the menu to help balance things out.
JALAPENO POPPER CRESCENT ROLLS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
Now, typically I’m big on making things from scratch (my Funfetti cake and oatmeal cookies would never come from a box or tube!), but I have a soft spot in my heart and in my stomach for crescent rolls. So, when I set about to make these Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls, I went straight for the refrigerated section of my grocery store. Pre-made crescent roll dough helps make these appetizers a breeze to make, you can have them prepped and in the oven in under ten minutes!
For this recipe, you will need two tubes of crescent dough, some fresh jalapeños, a brick of cream cheese, and just a handful of other ingredients for the filling. Make sure that you let your cream cheese soften to room temperature before trying to stir the ingredients together (otherwise be prepared for quite an arm workout), and take care when dicing your jalapeños. I always wear gloves (after a salsa-making incident that left my fingertips burning for days) when slicing my jalapeños, and I recommend that you do the same!
If you like a little extra heat, feel free to leave in a few jalapeno seeds, but I generally recommend scraping out the seeds of the jalapeno so that the heat isn’t overwhelming. This easy appetizer tastes just like cream cheese jalapeno poppers and are sure to be devoured about as fast as you can make them!
Want more jalapeno popper recipes?
- Cheese and Bacon Jalapeno Rellenos
- Chicken Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Shells
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Jalapeno Popper Crescent Roll recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Silicone Mat: I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
- 16 count tubes of Crescent Rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 3-4 jalapenos seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Roll out your crescent roll dough onto a parchment paper (or silicone mat) lined cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir well, until completely combined.
- Drop filling by rounded 2-3 teaspoons onto the center of the widest part of each crescent roll.
- Roll into crescents by rolling the widest end into the smallest. As you roll, gently press the sides together to form a seam or tuck in the corners so that the filling while not run out while baking.
- Bake on 375F for 11-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool several minutes before enjoying -- filling will be very hot!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!