Cheese and Bacon Jalapeno Rellenos are great straight out of the oven. They have all the great flavor of bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers with a crispy outside baked right in the oven! Jalapeno and bacon were a match made in Heaven!
It’s January, we’re into the new year and the playoff have started!!! I love watching football and this year my team is in!!!! I couldn’t be more excited!!! We had a rough season last year so this year was amazing to see them turn it around. Food is a huge part of watching the games. I love all the delicious party foods that come out for football! We’re obsessed with jalapeno and bacon here at Real Housemoms! We have an entire page devoted to all of our fun creations like Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs and Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche! We’ve even got Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Bombs! It’s all so amazing my mouth starts to water just thinking about it all! Every time I make them for a party they’re the first thing to go and people fight for the last one!
Cheese and Bacon Jalapeo Rellenos were sort of dreamed up this fall. I make my family go out to get Mexican more than I should. I could seriously eat it every single day!!! I had a chili rellenos and love it so much! It’s a mild chili filled with cheese, breaded and fried. What’s not to love. Anyway, later I was trying to decide between making bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers or chili rellenos and I decided to mash them into one appetizer and serve them up for football! It was a fantastic decision that I full stand behind! I’ll be totally honest that we had a lot of food on the table, way more than we needed, and these were the first to go!!! Make up a batch and dip them in ranch dressing for the best football watching food this year!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- spray baking sheet with cooking spray
- using a mixer beat together cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon
- using a spoon fill the inside of each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture
- pour the flour into a shallow dish, the eggs into another and the panko bread crumbs into yet another
- add the salt, pepper and parmesan cheese into the panko bread crumbs and mix
- carefully roll one of the filled jalapeno halves in the flour until completely coated
- dip it into the egg mixture then straight into the panko mixture, making sure it's completely covered
- place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining pepper halves
- spray the jalapeno peppers with cooking spray
- place in the ove and cook for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown
- remove from the oven